[SOLVED] BSOD followed by m.2 not being detected

beeeb

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2013
After about 5 months of use today, I got a BSOD and the message ‘unexpected store exception error’.

Following that, when I attempt a restart, I get the message ‘reboot and select proper boot device’.
When going into the BIOS, it shows nothing present in the m.2 port. I have since removed the m.2 and placed it in the other port, but it is not detected either.

I also checked the boot mode selected and it’s ‘Legacy + UEFI’ (I was unable to see a Legacy only option, the only other option being UEFI only)

Is there something else I should do or does this mean the m.2 is dead?

Solution
"When going into the BIOS, it shows nothing present in the m.2 port. I have since removed the m.2 and placed it in the other port, but it is not detected either. "

Sounds like the m.2 drive died.

If the BIOS isn't detecting it at all in either slot the only option is to try it in another motherboard if possible.

Lutfij

Titan
We're going to need a little more information. Make and model of your motherboard? What BIOS version are you on at the moment of writing? Make and model of the M.2 drive and which slot it's populating on the motherboard? What OS version are you currently on?

Ideally you should be on UEFI alone and have CSM disabled if your specs for system is concurrent and not from the 4th generation of Intel processors.

beeeb

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2013
Using a MAG X570 Tomahawk board, running bios ver E7C84AMS.100 with a Ryzen 3600 processor.
M.2 is an ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO 2TB M.2 SSD PCIE GEN3X4 INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE and it’s sitting in the first m.2 slot.
The OS is Windows 10 Professional, though not sure of the exact version

"When going into the BIOS, it shows nothing present in the m.2 port. I have since removed the m.2 and placed it in the other port, but it is not detected either. "

Sounds like the m.2 drive died.

If the BIOS isn't detecting it at all in either slot the only option is to try it in another motherboard if possible.

Reactions: beeeb
Solution