[SOLVED] BSOD for a whole week now

ankido

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
Hi,

I've been noticing a lot of BSOD's in this forum. Could this be an issue with windows update? For a week straight I've been getting BSOD's while playing games twice already while navigating on TWITTER. I don't know how this works out but I will display the dump it told me where to find. Hopefully I can make sense out of this. Couple of months ago I had issues with a fan and it turned out my PSU was bad. I replaced it and all worked well until last week when I started getting BSOD's. Sometimes it's Exception not handled or unexpected kernel mode trap. I went to Event Viewer and saw this. Event Viewer (gyazo.com)

How do I get my dump file to you. Tells me I need admin rights to copy it and I am the admin. In the event viewer it said my dump file is in C/windows MEMORY.DMP ?

Appreciate the help,
Ank

Solution
BiosVersion = 0903
BiosReleaseDate = 03/18/2019
BaseBoardProduct = ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI)
Identifier = REG_SZ Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 12
ProcessorNameString = REG_SZ Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz

not sure what is going on in the bugcheck,
it looks like some power management functions were called, then right in the middle of the call was a call to tcpip network stack that had used a bad memory address of (1) that resulted pagefault
that resulted in intelppm!ReadGenAddrEx that lead to a bugcheck and to another call to
network code tcpip!TcpTcbHeaderSend
right before the system died.

all of this is unexpected. do you have special network functions enabled in BIOS? packet filters maybe?
I have been...
the directory that memory dumps and minidumps is owned by the system you will only have rights to make a copy of the files.
so you just have to copy and paste the file into a location you have rights to. (such as your download folder, or document folder)
so you copy the files to a service like microsoft one drive, share the file for public access and post a link in your thread.

ankido

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
the directory that memory dumps and minidumps is owned by the system you will only have rights to make a copy of the files.
so you just have to copy and paste the file into a location you have rights to. (such as your download folder, or document folder)
so you copy the files to a service like microsoft one drive, share the file for public access and post a link in your thread.
Thank you! Apparently I did a clean up with AV Tuneup and it wiped my dump file. I will wait for another BSOD and try to link it here. I'm eager to find out what's going on with my system. This is not normal for me. I feel uncomfortable sitting on my PC.

BiosVersion = 0903

it looks like some power management functions were called, then right in the middle of the call was a call to tcpip network stack that had used a bad memory address of (1) that resulted pagefault
that resulted in intelppm!ReadGenAddrEx that lead to a bugcheck and to another call to

all of this is unexpected. do you have special network functions enabled in BIOS? packet filters maybe?
I have been seeing this type of thing happen with AMD cpus over the last month, this is the first one that I have seen with a intel cpu. With the amd cpu i was thinking it was a bios/cpu/chipset bug. now i just do not know.

you might consider running autoruns from here:
Autoruns for Windows - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs
then taking a look at all of the non microsoft drivers you have installed and selectively disabling them and see if you can determine what driver is causing the problem. (this can be a tedious time consuming task)

if it were me and I just wanted my system back.
I would buy a new drive, remove the old one, wipe the BIOS configuration, update the bios,
reset my router and examine it to see if there are issues or unexpected settings.
Then I would reinstall windows from a known good source, run all of the windows updates and the optional windows updates.
Then see if the system is stable. if it is I would be very selective about installing apps and drivers.
This is all on the assumption that you have some kind of malware that has infected your bios or CPU thru some of the drivers you have on your system. just a guess on my part
i do think there are some utilities to detect if your CPU has had an actual infection in one of its chipset processors
i was thinking of problems like this Intel® Management Engine Critical Firmware Update (Intel-SA-00086)
(back to guessing again)

Reactions: ankido
Solution

ankido

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
BiosVersion = 0903

I have been seeing this type of thing happen with AMD cpus over the last month, this is the first one that I have seen with a intel cpu. With the amd cpu i was thinking it was a bios/cpu/chipset bug. now i just do not know.

you might consider running autoruns from here:
Autoruns for Windows - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs
then taking a look at all of the non microsoft drivers you have installed and selectively disabling them and see if you can determine what driver is causing the problem. (this can be a tedious time consuming task)

if it were me and I just wanted my system back.
I would buy a new drive, remove the old one, wipe the BIOS configuration, update the bios,
reset my router and examine it to see if there are issues or unexpected settings.
Then I would reinstall windows from a known good source, run all of the windows updates and the optional windows updates.
Then see if the system is stable. if it is I would be very selective about installing apps and drivers.
This is all on the assumption that you have some kind of malware that has infected your bios or CPU thru some of the drivers you have on your system. just a guess on my part
i do think there are some utilities to detect if your CPU has had an actual infection in one of its chipset processors
i was thinking of problems like this Intel® Management Engine Critical Firmware Update (Intel-SA-00086)
(back to guessing again)
Thank you so much. I will get me another SSD and start fresh again. Only drivers I'm constantly updating are NVIDIA. Recently a couple of months ago installed GOXLR and Stream Deck drivers. Other than that, I don't fiddle with installing software much only what I need.