BSOD for the past few days

Michael Edmond

Reputable
Dec 1, 2014
Firstly, sorry if this is the wrong forum section, I couldn't find anything specifically for Bluescreen errors.
Secondly, sorry if I seem a bit rude posting this, I've had this issue for days and all the help I've had so far hasn't really helped at all.

I've been having a variety of errors for the past few days, and so I performed a system restore. That seems to have fixed most of the problems because I didn't have any major errors for the past few hours. Just now my computer has crashed again.

The STOP errors are either "IRQL not less or equal" and "Page fault in nonpaged area", neither make any sense to me but they all appear to crash on the ntoskrnl.exe file/driver. Is this simply a case of downloading a new file to replace the old one, or is there something more to it?

Thanks in advanced and my apologize if I seem rude or if this is the wrong section.

EDIT: Should probably include a link to the minidump.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byn0LCTxCSY5czVHengxeE80THc/view?usp=sharing

Michael Edmond

Reputable
Dec 1, 2014

I wouldn't call this random BSOD though. I don't think it would be happening every hour or so if it was.
Also I'm using a new BIOS I'm not used to, so no idea how to find the HPET.... I'll try to find it if I BSOD before getting another response though, thanks.

patrickIT

Reputable
Nov 30, 2014
step1; run cmd and then type verifier then from graphical user interface >>> Automatically select all drivers installed on this computer

step2; download this tool to analyze BSOD http://www.resplendence.com/downloads download free edition of whocrashed the output this program gives you should be enough to solve your problem.

step3 ; download latest windows updates and drivers. I will help finding the links if you send me info which hardware you use

please answer to this topic I'm sure this issue will be resolved.

It could be some kind of driver, or software using invalid memory addresses.

Michael Edmond

Reputable
Dec 1, 2014

Doing that now. I'll check the HPET while I'm at it, assuming I can find it in the BIOS.
I was thinking it might be a program or driver accessing unavailable memory but wasn't certain.
Also downloaded latest Windows Updates, as far as I'm aware. I'll give you a headsup when I'm done of what WhoCrashed says is the problem though, thanks!

EDIT: Actually had some minidump files I wanted to check with WhoCrashed... apparently need a Pro version to view them though... should be a link to the dump file in original post, if anyone wants to take a look while I'm rebooting.

Michael Edmond

Reputable
Dec 1, 2014
I ran verifier. Also sorry for slight delay, I have a new bluescreen when trying to boot up, having to rely on safe-mode for now.

For the record, the time is currently 21:32 in case you lived in a different timezone.

Crash Dump Analysis, thrown into a spoiler because there are a few. I'll throw in the next one I get as well once I find it.
Crash Dump Analysis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Mon 01/12/2014 21:27:19 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\120114-21637-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75BC0)
Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier.
The driver requested a zero-byte pool allocation. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 01/12/2014 21:27:19 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: tcpipreg.sys (tcpipreg+0x45A1)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\tcpipreg.sys
description: TCP/IP Registry Compatibility Driver
Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier.
The driver requested a zero-byte pool allocation. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.
Google query: Microsoft Corporation DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

On Mon 01/12/2014 21:25:57 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\120114-27112-01.dmp
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 01/12/2014 20:01:41 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\120114-27565-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFFA00088BD3D0, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80002F2CC6F)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

On Mon 01/12/2014 19:48:04 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\120114-28080-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFA000919EE50, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80002F90A7C, 0x7)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

On Mon 01/12/2014 18:46:27 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\120114-22963-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFA00088676F0, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80002FCAA7C, 0x7)
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.

On Sun 30/11/2014 20:24:36 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\113014-31652-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFA0008BB00BA, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80002FD8F7C, 0x7)

On Sat 29/11/2014 23:59:07 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\112914-32448-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown ()
Bugcheck code: 0x0 (0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: CUSTOM_ERROR
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error.
Google query: CUSTOM_ERROR

On Thu 27/11/2014 17:54:44 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\112714-31106-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFFA0008020690, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80002F2EC6F)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

On Fri 14/11/2014 17:59:22 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111414-42541-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x109 (0xA3A039D8A57D7767, 0xB3B7465EF7FA46BD, 0xFFFFF800032BE240, 0x1)
Error: CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION
Bug check description: This indicates that the kernel has detected critical kernel code or data corruption.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.

Also couldn't find a High-precision event-timer option in BIOS.

Michael Edmond

Reputable
Dec 1, 2014
Got another crash.

On Mon 01/12/2014 21:52:11 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\120114-25272-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: iomap64.sys (IOMap64+0x1734)
Bugcheck code: 0xC9 (0x226, 0xFFFFF8800AD94734, 0xFFFFF9804F0CEEE0, 0x0)
Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\iomap64.sys
product: ASUS Kernel Mode Driver for NT
company: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
description: ASUS Kernel Mode Driver for NT
Bug check description: This is the bug check code for all Driver Verifier
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: iomap64.sys (ASUS Kernel Mode Driver for NT , ASUSTeK Computer Inc.).
Google query: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION

On Mon 01/12/2014 21:52:11 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: iomap64.sys (0xFFFFF8800AD94734)
Bugcheck code: 0xC9 (0x226, 0xFFFFF8800AD94734, 0xFFFFF9804F0CEEE0, 0x0)
Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\iomap64.sys
product: ASUS Kernel Mode Driver for NT
company: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
description: ASUS Kernel Mode Driver for NT
Bug check description: This is the bug check code for all Driver Verifier
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: iomap64.sys (ASUS Kernel Mode Driver for NT , ASUSTeK Computer Inc.).
Google query: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION

I'm thinking it might just be worth reinstalling Windows for the other errors, but I'm not so sure on this one.

TRENDING THREADS