BSOD/Freezes/Crashes Fix possible ?

Jul 17, 2018
Hi everyone, so i just created an account on this forum to ask a question, so like 2 weeks ago i bought a used gamig pc from someone, and i've been having issues crashing everytime i play a game and freezing and also facing the blue screen, today after reading bunch of articles on the internet conerning the BSOD's i decided to reset BIOS settings to defauls and no crashes have been made for thr past 1 hour, so do you think by resetting my BIOS to default helped me fix this issue ?

Solution
who crashed stores error info in the c:\windows\minidump folder i mentioned above. Go have a look and see if any there now. If so, follow the steps above and upload the files to a file sharing web site (like Onedrive or Google Drive or dropboix, to name but a few examples) and share a link here. I will get a friend to look at the file and convert it into a format that shows more info than Whocrashed does.

whocrashed shows you want crashed but not why. It often just blames Ntoskrnl which is the windows kernel. Its what crashed but its normally pushed.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Resetting bios could help, it really depends on what BSOD you are getting. If it was overclocked its possible it was cause of BSOD. Its really hard to tell without seeing a dump file.

Can you follow option one on the following link - here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

You might be lucky and never get another one, but set PC up to make minidumps just in case you ready for next time :)

Jul 17, 2018

ok so I have this application called who crashed and everytime I crashed it alanyzes it and gives a new cause, and yea its weird its the first time I don't crash in a game 2 hours straight and no freezes or BSOD, it might be fixed right ?

Colif

Win 11 Master
who crashed stores error info in the c:\windows\minidump folder i mentioned above. Go have a look and see if any there now. If so, follow the steps above and upload the files to a file sharing web site (like Onedrive or Google Drive or dropboix, to name but a few examples) and share a link here. I will get a friend to look at the file and convert it into a format that shows more info than Whocrashed does.

whocrashed shows you want crashed but not why. It often just blames Ntoskrnl which is the windows kernel. Its what crashed but its normally pushed.

Solution