BSOD from ndis.sys

jrodmanlive

Honorable
Dec 8, 2012
I was using my computer and it blue screened. I checked the dump files and got this :

STOP: 0x0000007f
ndis.sys - Address FFFFF88001648056 base at FFFFF88001639000

I'm thankful for any help :D

Specs:
i5 3570k (no OC)
Asus p8z77 V-LK
8gb Corsair Vengance 1600mhz
560ti 1gb
700w psu
2 Hard drives
C: 320gb
F: 1tb

Solution
Bug Check 0x7F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
The UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP bug check has a value of 0x0000007F. This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap.

Generally, this BSOD gets generated due to hardware, though a VERY buggy driver could cause this to occur. Doesn't small of RAM, but I'd run memtest86+ just to be on the safe side. After that, I'd run the system file checker, to check for bad system drivers.

Assuming that passes, short term, I'd watch for re-occurrence.

SirDrannik

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
It can be a virus or a conflict between anti virus. Or some start up application or drivers. I'd reinstall the drivers. But only if it persists as sometimes, even computers that have nothing wrong can blue screen sometimes. It's normal. In case if it persists, reinstall the drivers, and run an anitvirus scan.

Bug Check 0x7F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
The UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP bug check has a value of 0x0000007F. This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap.

Generally, this BSOD gets generated due to hardware, though a VERY buggy driver could cause this to occur. Doesn't small of RAM, but I'd run memtest86+ just to be on the safe side. After that, I'd run the system file checker, to check for bad system drivers.

Assuming that passes, short term, I'd watch for re-occurrence.

Solution