Mar 11, 2019
Okay so hopefully someone has some knowledge on this, i'm lost. A little background, i'm using a .jar file that is a MIPS/MARS simulator, it's like a little tool used to teach assembly language. I'd used it several other times, it definitely felt laggy and slow but no issues. I moved my PC to redo the floors, moved it back this morning. I open MARS sim and it opens for a couple seconds and i get a blue screen.

The blue screen was basically Stop Code: UNEXEXPECTED_KERNAL_MODE_TRAP
What failed: nvlddmkm.sys

I've ran the windows memory fix tool, reinstalled java, reinstalled nvidia driver, still doing it.
Everything seems fine on my PC except for when i open that .jar file it just crashes.
Also a subtle thing that keeps happening is when i open the file i sometimes blue screen but usually it just goes black and sends me to BIOS, and i log back in and then it freezes. So i restart and everything is fine again until i try to open the file.
I've also tried to open the java control panel or whatever its called and that seems to crash me as well.

Edit: Okay I can report a 100% failure rate to open java control panel or "configure java", i think it's safe to say whatever is broken has to do with java because everything else is fine. But i have reinstalled java twice now.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2019
Are you able to download the .jar file again? Perhaps the existing/current file has a bug or has been corrupted.

It was happening with literally any jar file, even when i tried opening the java control panel and any of the programs java software came with.
I have somehow fixed the issue, though if anyone is reading this thread with my problem i don't recommend this path as it has taken me half a day to recover. I tried to restore my system to a safe point, unfortunately the only option i had was earlier today right before i uninstalled java the first time. It even said in the restore software something like "Java-SE was uninstalled" and i apparently restored to that point. It sent me into a spiral of literally not being able to boot up windows, an endless cycle of blue screens, even in safe mode. From there i eventually got it to let me basically reset my system completely which resulted in uninstalling like 50+ Apps.
Luckily everything seems fine now and i'm getting some good practice remembering my passwords as i reinstall everything onto my PC. I'm still praying that nothing is wrong with my memory or any hardware because that was a super random issue that happened right after i physically moved my PC around a decent bit, but everything seems fine for now.

TLDR: Java randomly broke my PC and I reset it and put it back together, software wise.