BSOD frustated haunting me for day's/months HELP please!

Feb 17, 2018
Hello there,
I'll try to keep it short,Since my windows upgraded from it self to the "fall creators" version ,my PC started getting BSOD , at first it was randomly and not frequent so I ignored it most of the time, but recenty it started more frequently to the point that i couldn't boot into windows anymore,so i had to reinstall my OS( formated my SSD while doing it) but it didn't really help it just caused me to get more BSOD's, so after 20+h spent i decided to contact MS support,the guy remote control my pc in hope to fix it,and find out what it was about,after 3-4 hours we came to the solution to reinstall my OS to the pre fall creators upgrade (1609 version) ,which I did,but still got BSOD's...
I've done memory test ,chkdsk ,and that sort of things that I could find online they all passed well,so i assume its an driver or something else...

I reinstalled windows for few more times but same thing, and last night I checked the drivers and was missing the chipset/mobo driver which i got then,after that my pc was working somehow, and like 10min ago i got an BSDO again,my PC took 20min to recover from it... I am hopeless :( please anyone help me!! beg yall !!

My spec:
win10 1609 version
ryzen r5 1600
GTX 1060 6gb
LPX vengence ram 2x8gb 3200mhz
Kingstone SSD 240gb
1tb WD blue
Chieftec PSU 700w

Some pictures i took from the BSOD from my phone:
https://imgur.com/a/Rbp0y

The most recent one was:
ATTEMPTEDE_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY

xtcmax

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2012
Hello, Cetax.
I remember when I upgraded to 1609, I was having a lot of "brain sex" with my PC as well. The Win 10 installed "newest" drivers, etc, etc, messed up permissions, just buncha crap.

I suggest updating your drivers again, this time do-it-yourself-method. There is a program called Driver Booster. I have Driver Booster 4 installed. It is available to download for free. Now, a lot of people here will say it is a bad program, blah, blah. Run the program and note down what drivers it will find outdated. You don't have to use the program to install the drivers, just to see what is old. Then you can google, visit your PC parts manufacturer and download the drivers yourself and update them. Check your BIOS and mother's drivers.

Also, I was having random BSODs as well and I could not pinpoint the problem. This little trick solved my issue and I don't know why, tbh. Go to your Energy Profiles and select BALANCED. I had my energy plan on Best Performance and was getting stable BSOD once every 2-3 days. This trick solved BSOD on my system. I agree with you, it is a driver issue.

Feb 17, 2018

Hello xtcmax, thanks for your answer, I've downloaded Driver Booster and here are quite some drivers missing/outdated, I was about to use the program but it wont let me download with it for some reason,ill try to download them manualy, no bsod in the past 2 hours but I hit another problem ,could be tied to the drivers but my PC isnt responsive as before like its running on 10% of his normal performance its has heavy lag spikes, i downloaded some program called "why so slow" it told me thats caused by "kernel in some way, here is an SS of it :
https://imgur.com/a/aZSH5

I'll try to update missing drivers reported by driver booster.. Btw i am bit afraid of updating my BIOS aka flashing it to the latest ,saw some ppl reporting problems with it and its kinda newly released my MSI ... But if I dont get it fixed ill update the BIOS too...

Feb 17, 2018

K,updatet some of the drivers,now onlz microsoft c++ are missing,as I way typing the post my PC froze ,for about 5min i had to use the "reset" button ,no clue what caused it...

Update, just got hit by BSOD back to back, the stop code: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
I ran the dmp file thru who crashed >

On Sun 2/18/2018 6:22:19 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021818-10421-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (0xFFFFF80233A1757E)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFF0046B28385C, 0xD, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80233A1757E)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Colif

Win 11 Master
what motherboard do you have?
amdppm/sys is part of the motherboard drivers

Can you follow option one here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

Feb 17, 2018

Hi Colif thanks for your answer ,I got an MSI b350 tomahawk

I followed the steps and set it up to make small memory dump.

But haven't got an BSOD since last night ,I've updated/flashed my BIOS with the latest one, and that seems to fixed the issue, but cant be 100% sure ,have to use it for couple of day's...

If it crashes I'll upload the small dump file here :))

btw I was afraid to update the BIOS at first,bcz I saw some ppl report that it dosnt work properly ,but seems its just fine!
I've read somewhere that windows 10 is very connected to the BIOS (not like older windows xp/7/8 ) so it can cause alot of problems...