[SOLVED] BSOD happening frequently after changing case and new usb mic

May 1, 2020
Ive been getting constant BSODs since I changed my case and I got a new microphone. Ive also been having issues with my 5700 xt since the day I got it so im wondering if that could be causing this to happen. There are too many variables for me to know why this is happening. It would only happen when I was playing games but it just now blue screened while on chrome. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tnevcvobuks0i0d/AACwgdZ6AOrcldMDw3guOyROa?dl=0
that is a link to the dump files

Solution
Sorry...haven't been on the forums for a while. Apologies.

Is there any other system you can try the mic out on?

Also, is there a different GPU you can swap out and run for a while to eliminate this possibility? I had my own issue with my MSI 5700XT a few weeks ago as it kept black-screening on me until it just eventually died and the Debug light for the GPU stayed brick red.

Also for a test set, perhaps try taking one of the two RAM sticks out and running it for various tasks on just one stick. If that one goes well, do the same with the other, remembering to keep the single stick in your MOBO's primary RAM slot. Otherwise, perhaps run MEMTEST to see if any errors are recorded. BSODs were driving me crazy in my older system at...

Tigerhawk30

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2015

Also, is there a different GPU you can swap out and run for a while to eliminate this possibility? I had my own issue with my MSI 5700XT a few weeks ago as it kept black-screening on me until it just eventually died and the Debug light for the GPU stayed brick red.

Also for a test set, perhaps try taking one of the two RAM sticks out and running it for various tasks on just one stick. If that one goes well, do the same with the other, remembering to keep the single stick in your MOBO's primary RAM slot. Otherwise, perhaps run MEMTEST to see if any errors are recorded. BSODs were driving me crazy in my older system at one point, and a rather scrutinizing MEMTEST set of runs revealed errors...unfortunately, Windows won't tell you which stick it is, thus the single stick method.

I'm kind of doubing your mic would be giving you fits...but these are PCs so...

I know this kind of troubleshooting is a PITA, but pretty much the only way to actually do process of elimination.

Good luck, and let us know if/when you find anything definitive. :)

Solution
May 1, 2020

Also for a test set, perhaps try taking one of the two RAM sticks out and running it for various tasks on just one stick. If that one goes well, do the same with the other, remembering to keep the single stick in your MOBO's primary RAM slot. Otherwise, perhaps run MEMTEST to see if any errors are recorded. BSODs were driving me crazy in my older system at one point, and a rather scrutinizing MEMTEST set of runs revealed errors...unfortunately, Windows won't tell you which stick it is, thus the single stick method.

I'm kind of doubing your mic would be giving you fits...but these are PCs so...

I know this kind of troubleshooting is a PITA, but pretty much the only way to actually do process of elimination.

Good luck, and let us know if/when you find anything definitive. :)
I ended up just returning the 5700 xt because its been pissing me off and I havent had any major issues yet. Probably going to wait for the 3000 series cards and 4000s ryzen cpu

Reactions: Tigerhawk30