BSOD happens daily

Solution
Memory: Gskill Ripjaw x 32gb (4x8gb) F3-1600C9Q-32GXM DDR3-1600 9-9-9-25-2N @ 1.50v
ref - http://gskill.com/products.php?index=494
CPU-z - http://h9.abload.de/img/memoran5.jpg
CPU: AMD FX-8150 AM3+ 3.6Ghz
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-970A -UD3 or D3

--
BIOS Updates, there's been some noted stability issues so I recommend using the latest non-beta BIOS.
BIOS versions:
UD3 use F6
D3 use F9
--

First, I assume no CPU OC; a CPU can cause a problem and require different settings.

BIOS:
Load Optimized Defaults
Set Memory Clock -> Manual
Memory Clock -> 8 ; 8*200MHz = 1600MHz
DRAM Configuration /Enter
DDR3 Timing Items -> Manual
1T/2T Command Timing -> 2
CAS# latency -> 9 ; failure try 10 - if DRAM 1.55v + VID 1.25v fails
RAS to CAS R/W Delay -> 9 ...

marcus8h

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2012
Can some one please tell me what is causing these events and hot to fix them?

Image:

D

Deleted member 217926

Memtest runs outside of Windows and is better. 8 to 10 hours for 8GB. Any errors at all means something is wrong. Hardware?

D

Deleted member 217926

http://www.memtest.org/

Download and burn the .iso to a CD. Change the boot order in BIOS so the DVD/CD drive is first and boot off the CD. This allows all the RAM to be checked with none reserved for Windows. If you need a burning program ImgBurn is a great free program.

http://www.imgburn.com/

D

Deleted member 217926

Wow 32GB? Is your motherboard even compatible with 32GB kits? That's why I keep asking what your hardware is so I can check things like that. New build? Has it always crashed?

What do you need with 32GB? You running a RAM disk?

You may need a voltage bump to run that much memory on any platform.

D

Deleted member 217926

Oh and .... 8 to 10 hours of memtest is what's recommended for 8GB. 32GB may need more like 20-24 hours.

I'm not likeing the fact the he's getting 0x101: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, since that basically means the CPU is getting locked up...

That being said, the 0x50:pAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD indicates RAM as the primary culprit...

Are you SURE the motherboard supports 32GB? Even if it does, you might need a voltage boost on the RAM/NB in order to gain stability.

marcus8h

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2012
ok so i started memtest last night before i went to bed and woke up this morning to it still running. it currently has 169472 errors and has been running for 11 hours.... how much longer should i allow it to run. as well will it save the results some where after?

also here are my machine specs. sorry for not postiong them earlier.
Graphics Card: Asus HD7970 GDDR5-DC2-3GD5

Memory: Gskill Ripjaw x 32gb (4x8gb)

PSU: CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold series 1000w ATX

CPU: AMD FX-8150 AM3+ 3.6Ghz

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-970A

D

Deleted member 217926

Even 1 error means something is wrong with your RAM.

You might try increasing the RAM voltage to 1.55v or 1.6v. 32GB also might require a BIOS update.

You may also have a bad stick but since it's 32GB I really think the problem is with the amount. Many boards have problems with such a large amount and not to mention the issues with 8GB sticks being compatible.

Are you actually using 32GB for something specific?

If a voltage bump does not help pull all but one stick and run memtest on each stick individually. If only 1 stick is producing errors then you have a bad stick.

marcus8h

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2012

ok i will try increasing the volts. my bios has the most recent update. and no im not using it for anything specific, just figured it would help out in the future. i will rum memtest to each stick. if 1 of them comes back with errors what do you recommend i do? RMA?

D

Deleted member 217926

Yep. If a single stick causes the errors it's bad. If not then you still may have to RMA as that motherboard may not like 32GB.

Even 16GB is pretty much overkill unless you use it as a RAM disk or work with huge image or video files all day. For a gaming computer 8GB is fine. In fact only a few games do better with more than 4GB.

marcus8h

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2012
so i upped the volts to 1.055 and pressed f10 to save then it restarted and nothing.... its like it is dead. when i push the power button the fans will start up but nothing is displayed on screen. no bios flash screen or anything just black....

D

Deleted member 217926

You clear CMOS manually on the board with a jumper. Check your manual for where it is or just use a flashlight. You can also remove the battery for a few minutes and that should do it too.

D

Deleted member 217926

Try memtest again. No need to let it run any longer than 1 error. If 1.55v does not do it try 1.6v. If that does not do it try running memtest on each stick individually.