[SOLVED] BSOD heap corruption randomly while running X-Plane 11 from day one

Jun 4, 2019
Hi, I recently built a new system with these specs: intel for i7 6700non k
Gigabyte GTX 2060 6gb (heavily overclocked but stable)
Gigabyte B-250M mortar
16 gb Corsair 3000 (the motherboard only uses 2500)
Kingston 250gb SSD (C:)

So I built this as a flight simulation system to run x plane.
I built it and installed windows 10 pro onto the SSD, I let windows auto install some drivers but I reinstalled the proper one over them. Then I installed x plane and all my addons (leaving me with only 30gb) and it was fine until I got the first BSOD. I was expecting this so I reinstalled all my drivers but it just kept coming back, it has gotten to the point of annoying me now. I don’t remember updating my bios, I also don’t know what bios I’m on. I run nvidea GeForce experience. I have windows defender off (for those precious 10FPS, but I still crashes with it on). I haven’t checked the mini dump yet (I’m away right now, will be back in an hour). I tried everything I thought it could be but it still happens, it happens rather randomly but a pattern I notice is I’m usually moving the camera or changing views when it happens but that’s not always the case. It’s always that heap corruption and it can’t be software because it happened from BONE STOCK windows and x plane. I average 25FPS while playing (which is normal).

I have a feeling it’s either the video card or the bios, will send the mini dump when I’m home.

Any help will be amazing as this is really annoying now.
Thanks in advance :)

Jun 4, 2019
undo the oc? what do you mean by

how full is the kingston 250GB? only 30gb free. getting close to be an issue
The speed of my memory is higher than the motherboard can use, this has never been a problem for me on other builds.
Yes there’s only around 30gb free on the SSD, but I’ve had the system crash when the drive had 100gb free, so I didn’t think that’s the problem.

So far it hasn’t crashed since I turned on mini dump, when it does I will post it here.

Jun 4, 2019
The speed of my memory is higher than the motherboard can use, this has never been a problem for me on other builds.
Yes there’s only around 30gb free on the SSD, but I’ve had the system crash when the drive had 100gb free, so I didn’t think that’s the problem.

So far it hasn’t crashed since I turned on mini dump, when it does I will post it here.
After it crashes again, I’ll undo the GPU oc and try that.

Colif

Win 11 Master
two people with same error in 1 week, one using a 1060, other a 2060... its not a common error and from what I can see its often associated with GPU drivers.

try this, run DDU (see next link), remove Nvidia drivers, and instead of running geforce experience to update drivers again, run windows update and let it find drivers. Microsoft just have older more stable nvidia drivers. https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

Did you use a newly made WIn 10 installer?
right click start
choose run...
type winver and press enter
current versions are 1803, 1809 or 1903 - 1903 would be ideal build to be on.

edit: read my next post.

Last edited:

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/GAmw.html

File information:060819-8203-01.dmp (Jun 8 2019 - 06:53:08)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION (13A)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for SaiK075C.sys
Probably caused by:SaiK075C.sys (Process: X-Plane.exe)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 4 Hour(s), 56 Min(s), and 34 Sec(s)

Comment: The overclocking driver "IOCBios2.sys" was found on your system. (Intel Extreme Tuning Utility)

Comment: The overclocking driver "RTCore64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B250M-MORTAR.html
It appears you have the latest BIOS already installed.

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Reactions: Colif