BSOD Help

My dad's Opltiplex 760 Core 2 Duo Desktop with 8GB of Memory keeps looping on the Starting Windows screen. I have tried repair but it didn't work. When disabling restart on system failure, I get this:
Stop 0x0000007B (0xFFFFF880009A98E8, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000034, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000)"

What can I do?

akhimot

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011

Its a problem with corrupt boot table, follow the steps to repair the same
Though you have not mentioned what OS you are running I am assuming windows 7

1) First boot with the windows cd.
2) Choose the repair windows option from the cd
3) choose command prompt from the the options.
4) Type "bootrec.exe /fixmbr" hit enter.
5) Type "chkdsk /f" and hit enter.

Congratulation you have a running OS once again.

alishathomaz

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
The most important Blue Screen of Death troubleshooting step you can take is to ask yourself what you just did.

1) Did you just install a new program or a piece of hardware, update a driver, install an update, etc.? If so, there's a very good chance that the change you made caused the BSOD:
Startup using Last Known Good Configuration to undo recent registry and driver changes.
Use System Restore to undo recent system changes.
Roll Back device driver to version prior to your driver update.

2) Scan your computer for viruses. Some viruses can cause a Blue Screen of Death, especially ones that infect the master boot record (MBR) or boot sector.

3) Update drivers for your hardware. Most Blue Screens of Death are hardware or driver related so updated drivers could fix the cause of the STOP error.

4) Return hardware settings to default in Device Manager. Unless you have a specific reason to do so, the system resources that an individual piece of hardware is configured to use in Device Manager should be set to default. Non-default hardware settings have been known to cause a Blue Screen of Death.

5) Return BIOS settings to their default levels. An overclocked or misconfigured BIOS can cause all sorts of random issues, including BSODs.

akhimot

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011

Buddy his PC is not starting to try all this.

^^ He just keeps repeating the same thing over and over, without even trying to diagnose the actual failure...

Bug Check 0x7B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

This bug check indicates that the Microsoft Windows operating system has lost access to the system partition during startup.

Easiest first steps would be to make sure the boot device is set properly in the BIOS. After that, a chkdsk would be the next logical step.