doombot897

Reputable
Jan 28, 2018
So I recently updated my Bios as it said it was a essential update (model laptop is fx516pr Asus laptop)Bios is now v320. My older Bios (v313 )worked fine but after the update I started getting BSOD with VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE. All my drivers are updated, windows is updated, NVidia is on the latest driver so I have no idea what is happening. And I would just go back to the older version of the BIOS but its not for download anymore on ASUS's support page and I have no back up, I'm dumb I know. The BSOD happens when I'm on YouTube and playing games for the most part. Any help would be wonderful.
Laptop RTX 3070 Asus TUF Dash 15 (2021)

doombot897

Reputable
Jan 28, 2018
Try scanning your drives for errors. Open command prompt and type: sfc /scannow
"Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations." is what sfc /scannow said.

So I changed my laptop from performance to ASUS recommended balanced/performance mode in control panel and its hasn't BSOD since than. It has only been a few hours so lets hope that worked.

Strange thing to note is my PERFORMANCE options in power on control panel went away and isn't an option anymore after switching to ASUS recommended balanced/performance mode.

I wonder if the new Bios just didn't like the power settings.

TRENDING THREADS