sts416

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
Hey guys, my computer recently had a brain fart dealing with my internet while playing a game, then went to BSOD. Its the 0x50 message, about the fault page on non-paged, but I can't find the same error code, nor the same type of problem anywhere else. It goes past the windows XP profesional loading screen, then goes into the BSOD. The exact message is the common "shut down to prevent damage" then "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" the technical code is
"STOP: 0X00000050 (0XB5A94C0E, 0X00000000, 0X804DA669, 0X00000000)"
Then it starts to dump physical memory. I've done what I've heard around the web so far, disconected and disables all hardware, looked for any drivers with an exclamation mark, run a CHKdisk with both marks checked. I've even uninstalled the game during which the problem happened. This leaves me without internet on the computer because it doesn't have access to a ethernet, so it was wirelessly connected, and there was no hardware, or software for that matter, that was installed any time near the time it happened. One more hint that might be important, it seems that the BSOD is triggered by internet access, I ran it in Safe mode, worked okay, ran it in safe mode with networking and it BSODed, but even after taking out the internet hardware and uninstalling it, it still hits the BSOD. I'm stumped, and looking for help. Any help at all would be nice really... thanks!

sts416

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
I downloaded that program on another computer, the .exe because, like I said, I think the internet is causing it, and so every time I try to boot, it gives it to me, so the only way I can get in is through safe mode. I tried using the .exe in safe mode and it said that because I was already in a "safe-like" mode, it cannot run it, all in a cmd prompt box really fast, then stop. So I couldn't run the mem test at all...

kubes

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2008
This looks to be a memory error and I'd agree with the above posts in running memtest86 first before anything else. I've seen this also happen when a hard drive is failing. Does it sound like your hard drive is making any clicking or whining noises?