Question BSOD - INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE after BIOS update

Aug 1, 2022
I built my new PC and it worked and booted up fine but there was 7 new BIOS versions that offered better compatibility for DDR5 5600mhz so i decided to upgrade it from F2 to the latest F20a. I downloaded it and installed it through USB. It shows as updated to version F20a in the BIOS screen, however, when I boot windows I get a BSOD saying INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE. I can still see "Windows Boot Manager (Samsung SSD 980 PRO 2TB)" in the boot sequence and the BIOS is compatible with my motherboard, so i don't know what I did wrong or how I can fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

Windows 11 64 Bit Home Edition
Intel Core i7-12700K
Zotac gaming GeForce RTX 3070ti OC
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 SSD
Corsair Vengeance 32gb (2 x 16gb) DDR5 5600mhz
Gigabyte Z690 UD AX
1000 Watt PSU

Colif

Win 11 Master
I asked him to post as he asked me via pm. Bios updates often change the settings around in bios... i know, I just did one (20 minutes ago)

only 5 bios updates on system, they jumped from F7 to F20. It can make it sound worse than it is. I jumped from F20 to F37 (but on a different board)

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileL...bios_e.pdf?v=bfa5eee853800ace94e292edd59e60cf

So changing boot method didn't help

"Windows Boot Manager (Samsung SSD 980 PRO 2TB)"
that matches up with UEFI boot so if csm was disabled it should be working

Aug 1, 2022
I tried to enter safe mode and it said I couldn't because my security settings had been changed and my pin was no longer available to enter (I didn't change any security settings). Everything then went black and windows 11 booted up instantly, I changed my pin and I'm in windows 11. Do you think the problem is fixed or should I still be concerned as I don't understand what just happened?

Colif

Win 11 Master
security settings could relate to bios since you updated

I don't think you should be worried, could just be a hiccup.

BIOS updates can lead to strange reactions. Its why I don't rush to be on the latest one just because it exists, I hadn't updated in 2 years until today.