Question BSOD: Internal video scheduler error after clean and new thermal paste

TheSpaceBetween

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2012
Hi all,

I have an MSI Laptop - the MSI GS-43vr

I recently cleaned out all the dust and re-applied Artic Silver 5. I now occasionally get the BSOD of death when playing games with the error: Internal video scheduler error.

Could this be thermal paste touching the motherboard? Could it be a bent pin around the motherboard? Any other ideas? Should I just try to re-pase with non-conductive thermal paste?

Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
Did you try reinstalling your GPU drivers? Also, make sure that the BIOS for your laptop is up to date. On another note, did you make sure that you didn't bump, scrape or damage any other components while disassembling and reassembling the laptop? Did you also replace the thermal pads with thermal paste?

We could use some images to show the extent of your thermal paste application.

TheSpaceBetween

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2012
I did try re-installing GPU drivers. My bios is up to date as well. I got another error and BSOD recently: ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY. I'm pretty sure I didn't bump anything. I did not replace thermal pads.

This is a picture of the thermal paste, I just re-applied so I'll let everyone know how it goes.

https://ibb.co/yqt88Rg

I'm also wondering how to clean it of without hurting any of the pins on the back of the CPU?