Question Bsod internal_power_error

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Dec 25, 2019
Internal_POWER_ERROR Loading screen freezes when booting Into windows

Hello! I just built a new pc with some parts used before. My ssd and hard drive is from an old Lenovo prebuilt. I have formatted my ssd (boot drive) but not the hard drive. When it’s searching for a bootable drive it takes longer than usual and sometimes freezes when showing the gigabyte logo. I look in blue screen view and it says internal_power_error. What could be the problem?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Kombustor is an exclusive burn-in benchmarking tool based on the well-known Furmark software. This program is specifically designed to push your graphics card to the limits to test stability and thermal performance. Kombustor supports the latest DirectX versions as well as OpenGL.

seems your gpu failed. I mean, DV found no bad drivers so its not the drivers that caused the BSOD. I am also not saying cause is GPU, maybe it just crashed due to overheating the card? What BSOD was it? Are you still getting any?

so far we fixed your boot as well in this thread... PC still being odd, no point restarting. Better to have all the info in same place.

Re LGS: If I had been able to reply on Weekend, I would have looked to see if there was an official uninstaller for LGS. No point now you reset.

Formatting D is not needed. Windows only running off C.

Dec 25, 2019
Kombustor is an exclusive burn-in benchmarking tool based on the well-known Furmark software. This program is specifically designed to push your graphics card to the limits to test stability and thermal performance. Kombustor supports the latest DirectX versions as well as OpenGL.

seems your gpu failed. I mean, DV found no bad drivers so its not the drivers that caused the BSOD. I am also not saying cause is GPU, maybe it just crashed due to overheating the card? What BSOD was it? Are you still getting any?

so far we fixed your boot as well in this thread... PC still being odd, no point restarting. Better to have all the info in same place.

Re LGS: If I had been able to reply on Weekend, I would have looked to see if there was an official uninstaller for LGS. No point now you reset.

Formatting D is not needed. Windows only running off C.

Yeah i was just desparate of getting rid of the lgs software. The temps are good. My grapichs card stay at 80c under full load cpu at 62c under full load. Maybe i should try reseating the graphics card? Here is the minidump file https://www.mediafire.com/file/8zfp9yg33ksh58v/013020-5859-01.dmp/file
I got the bsod right after i installed windows when stress testing the gpu. I probably need to do another ddu as the nvidia controlpanel doesn't want to install.
Thx :)

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://elatingopposite.htmlpasta.com/

File information:013020-5859-01.dmp (Jan 30 2020 - 15:32:35)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: MSI-Kombustor-x64.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 13 Min(s), and 22 Sec(s)

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I probably need to do another ddu as the nvidia controlpanel doesn't want to install.

Do you mean the drivers won't install? as it would be odd if drivers installed but control panel doesn't? You shouldn't need to run ddu so soon after a install.
Although, looking at drivers installed, why are you trying to run the latest Nvidia drivers on a 970? I have a 980, I haven't bothered using newest in years, you better of running windows update after DDU as the drivers from Microsoft are a few months old and seem to work.

Nvidia problems have been constant throughout the thread and I just wonder if part of it might be the card itself. Can you put GPU into another PC and see if it has same problems with installing CP or Drivers?

specs -
CPU - Intel
motherboard - Gigabyte B360 HD3
Storage - 120gb ssd & 1tb sshd
PSU: CORSAIR VS 650 WATT
RAM: 16 GB 2666MHZ HYPER X FURY
GRAPHICS : GTX 970

Dec 25, 2019
Do you mean the drivers won't install? as it would be odd if drivers installed but control panel doesn't? You shouldn't need to run ddu so soon after a install.
Although, looking at drivers installed, why are you trying to run the latest Nvidia drivers on a 970? I have a 980, I haven't bothered using newest in years, you better of running windows update after DDU as the drivers from Microsoft are a few months old and seem to work.

Nvidia problems have been constant throughout the thread and I just wonder if part of it might be the card itself. Can you put GPU into another PC and see if it has same problems with installing CP or Drivers?

specs -
CPU - Intel 9400f
motherboard - Gigabyte B360 HD3
Storage - 120gb ssd & 1tb sshd
PSU: CORSAIR VS 650 WATT
RAM: 16 GB 2666MHZ HYPER X FURY
GRAPHICS : GTX 970

I got it fixed now. The drivers install but i get a little notificiation. Nvidia control panel not found. It suggested i should download it from the microsoft store. I downloaded it and i got the nvidia control panel now. Is it normal to get to lines going through the screen on startup. I can send a video of how it looks. It was like this on my other pc aswell. That pc had no bsod. Should i check for bent pins on the cpu socket?. Btw i downloaded a new bios from gigabyte. Apperently they fixed stability issues with kingston ram. Kingston and hyperx are the same right?
Now the drivers are downloaded thorugh windows. I could get my old lenovo mobo and test it with my windows ssd?

Dec 25, 2019
if you get the two lines on 2 different PC, I assume its normal. I don't look at startup very often.

So anymore BSOD or we holding our breath hoping its gone?
My GPU is fine i guess. I had my pc on for 8 hours with kombustor open. Didn't bsod. Im holding my breath
Also i did a bios update yesterday. I Have hyperx memory and the supplier i think is kingston, So maybe all this was the bios fault. Lets wait and see. One weird thing is that i had my old ddr4 memory in. My system was stable then. But when i switched back to my hyperx memory it started crashing after 1 day of having it in. Very strange. But if it was the bios fault wouldnt' it have shown on memtest?
View: https://imgur.com/a/tHrCGIc

Colif

Win 11 Master
list of ram supported by motherboard - https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_b360-hd3.pdf

Are the part numbers of your Kingston Hyper X listed as working with motherboard? (Yes, HyperX is owned by Kingston, it says as such on the home page) as although INtel CPU are better at working with incompatable ram, its not ideal.

Did you ever get around to running memtest?
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

Dec 25, 2019
list of ram supported by motherboard - https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_b360-hd3.pdf

Are the part numbers of your Kingston Hyper X listed as working with motherboard? (Yes, HyperX is owned by Kingston, it says as such on the home page) as although INtel CPU are better at working with incompatable ram, its not ideal.

Did you ever get around to running memtest?
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

I ran memtest it passed 4 times no errors. I checked the ram support list and it looks like my ram sticks are supported.

Also when i watch youtube videos and switch tab then go back the tab freezes for like a millisecond.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Also when i watch youtube videos and switch tab then go back the tab freezes for like a millisecond.

my normal answer to the delay would be upgrade drivers. we seem to be going around in circles.

CPU - I5 9400F @2.90GHZ
Motherboard - Gigabyte B360 HD3 - Bios version F13 (F14 is latest)
GPU - Nvidia Geforce GTX 970
RAM - 16gb
Storage - 120gb ssd & 1tb hdd

I can't tell what PSU you have from the sysinfo screen. Not many software programs can though.

running that sysnative collection app again might show us more.

Dec 25, 2019
my normal answer to the delay would be upgrade drivers. we seem to be going around in circles.

CPU - I5 9400F @2.90GHZ
Motherboard - Gigabyte B360 HD3 - Bios version F13 (F14 is latest)
GPU - Nvidia Geforce GTX 970
RAM - 16gb
Storage - 120gb ssd & 1tb hdd

I can't tell what PSU you have from the sysinfo screen. Not many software programs can though.

running that sysnative collection app again might show us more.
My psu is a corsair vs 650
What drivers should i update?
https://www.mediafire.com/file/6jbfazw1yixm2eh/SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip/file

Feb 6, 2020
Believe it or not, this is somewhat normal because of the way browsers paint pages to the screen.

When you switch tabs while a video is playing, it pauses the video decode but keeps the audio decode running (it uses less CPU power than keeping both running while telling the user that the video is still active in the other tab). When you switch back to the video tab, it needs to both repaint the static page elements and resume the video decode from the frame the audio decode was at when you switched back to the video tab, which requires additional power to seek ahead and resume decoding. This prevents page interaction for a small amount of time.

There's nothing really wrong here, browser just needed to update the page and seek the video to match its audio at the same time, which locks the page rendering thread.

Reactions: Helibanan

Colif

Win 11 Master
Dec 25, 2019
See above.. The drivers i would have suggested are GPU ones - which we have already done, but above shows it might be normal.

thats interesting, last time i got your sysinfo it was in english.. If the delay was the only problem you currently having it might be we are finished now?
We are not finished yet haha I got a new bsod that i have never got before. Should i change the sysnative to english? Im from sweden thats why. My computer lasted 9 days before getting a bsod.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/7gx0d19ywaprfai/020920-5265-01.dmp/file

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://atheismgreenlanddog.htmlpasta.com/

File information:020920-5265-01.dmp (Feb 9 2020 - 06:50:21)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 54 Min(s), and 24 Sec(s)

File information:013020-5859-01.dmp (Jan 30 2020 - 15:32:35)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: MSI-Kombustor-x64.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 13 Min(s), and 22 Sec(s)

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
update your chipset driver
Intel Management Engine Interface - 1914.12.0.1256 - https://www.gigabyte.com/au/Motherboard/B360-HD3-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver-chipset
Update INtel Serio I/O - 30.100.1915.1 - same link as above

why are you running Intel Rapid Storage Tech? its used for RAID, Optane and some people use it for ssd but I never have.

I can't really tell what the cause of last error is. Chipset drivers may help since you have latest BIOS

Dec 25, 2019
update your chipset driver
Intel Management Engine Interface - 1914.12.0.1256 - https://www.gigabyte.com/au/Motherboard/B360-HD3-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver-chipset
Update INtel Serio I/O - 30.100.1915.1 - same link as above

why are you running Intel Rapid Storage Tech? its used for RAID, Optane and some people use it for ssd but I never have.

I can't really tell what the cause of last error is. Chipset drivers may help since you have latest BIOS

I dont know why i have that i think it came with the drivers. Im turning my pc in to a repair shop today. It will be expensive but worth it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I dont know why i have that i think it came with the drivers. Im turning my pc in to a repair shop today. It will be expensive but worth it.

Hope they can fix it. Not all repair shops are good, alas. I know from experience, it can be hit and miss. I better not jinx you :)

Also, starting to think I should have let you make 2 threads as this ones getting confusing :)

Dec 25, 2019
Hope they can fix it. Not all repair shops are good, alas. I know from experience, it can be hit and miss. I better not jinx you :)

Also, starting to think I should have let you make 2 threads as this ones getting confusing :)
Yeah i hope so to. They ased 50$ for them to diagnose the problem then they will give me a price for them to fix it for me. Thanks for all the help :) i'll get back to you when my computer is fixed.
Thx :)

Dec 25, 2019

The tech support shop called me today for an update. They said that it could either be that my mobo is shorted out because i used the wrong screws or my graphics card. What do you think? Have you ever heard about a mono getting shorted out for having the wrong screws?

Colif

Win 11 Master
wrong screws can cause grounding issues, but they shouldn't damage motherboard unless they are really long or too wide. Other people might answer under this as its unclear.

I can see hesitation not wanting to put a working gpu on board given suspicions. Can they test your GPU in another PC?

Dec 25, 2019
wrong screws can cause grounding issues, but they shouldn't damage motherboard unless they are really long or too wide. Other people might answer under this as its unclear.

I can see hesitation not wanting to put a working gpu on board given suspicions. Can they test your GPU in another PC?
They gave back my pc after 12 days. They said that it was my ram. I have returned my ram once and got a new kit. I find it very unlucky for me to have 2 faulty pairs of hyperx ram. I will buy a pair of corsair vegance instead. This was the ram they tested the pc with and it worked. They said that errors on memtest showed up they ran it for 2 days in a row with the other kit no errors on memtest. What do you think?:)