BSoD / IRQL not less or equal 0x0000000a ntoskrnl.exe / only when watching videos

Marco_56

Commendable
Aug 27, 2016
Hey together,

since one week i'm having an issue with my computer which I self built a couple of month ago.
I'm getting above mentionend bluescreen but, for now, only while watching videos/stream/youtube/etc.

I searched a lot on here and Google but nothing helped me until now.

Dumps from today and last week

I'm pretty sure all drivers are up2date.

Thank you so much for your kind help!!!

Regards,
Marco

looks like all of the bugcheck have the same problem.

----------------
ok, debugger is working now.
first bugcheck, directx tried to talk to the graphics card via some power management routine
but it used 0x28 as a memory address and that was most likely data rather than a memory address.

for this I would update the BIOS (you are one version behind, and vendors don't document their bugs very well)
The BIOS provides the power management support. The next suspect would be the AMD drivers or the actual GPU. Sometimes there are just bugs in GPU hardware or firmware. I would look for a firmware update to the GPU and also driver updates.
if all else fails i would go into windows control panel and disable the GPU power management functions. most likely it is going to be a bug in a AMD /ATI driver that is calling the functions. ATI DSM Dynamic Driver ??? i would guess AMD would know about the problem if it is their bug. also check your motherboard vendor for updated drivers. bugs in the motherboard sound drivers tend to mess up the graphics cards. (conflict with the GPU sound support for HDMI)

I would still look into the driver below that installs from a temp directory.

---------------
debugger is not working correctly on your memory dumps. I could be something wrong with the windows symbol server but
it shows the the kernel is corrupted.
you have one strange driver loaded, it if from a hidden temp location, generally not a good sign.
C:\Users\Marco\AppData\Local\Temp\ESEADriver2.sys Thu May 19 22:07:38 2016

I would remove the driver (hints that it is part of a bot net)
https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/1r2uca/how_to_uninstall_esea_client_remove_kernal_driver/

Marco_56

Commendable
Aug 27, 2016

Hey,

thanks for your help. The problem isn't fixed for now though.

Steps which I did already:
- updated bios
- updated sound & motherboard drivers
- disabled the GPU power management functions
- deleted the driver you mentioned

The problem is still there though.
What I did observe now is that the problem really only occurs when watching internet videos (streams/youtube). It doesnt occur when playing games, listening to music or doing anything else really.

With my limited knowledge, I assume this therefore is NOT a hardware problem, correct?
Should i format and reinstall windows? What do you think? That's really the last thing I wanna do right now...you can guess why.

But for now, I dont see anything I can do anymore.
What do you mean with GPU firmware update? Should I update my GPU Bios? I haven't done that ever...

Here my latest .dmp, if you should need it

Thank you for further helping me here.

regards,
Marco

here are the old drivers in the memory dump:

(I would work to get this driver removed, Gigabyte Easy Saver - mobo power utility driver
Driver Update Site: http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard
C:\Windows\gdrv.sys Thu Mar 12 20:22:29 2009
you should see if there is a uninstall program for this driver, or delete the driver manually or remove it from running when the system starts up.
you could even see if you have to remove it from the driverstore using the pnputil.exe use this method: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc730875%28v=ws.11%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

sometimes the utilities are reinstalled using the task scheduler.

you might be able to start cmd.exe as and admin and run
driverquery.exe /v >c:\mydriverlist.txt
notepad c:\mydriverlist.txt

then look at the list to see if the driver has been removed. if it is in the hidden driverstore it will be reinstalled after you reboot so check again after you think you have removed it.

I am guessing this driver is the cause of your problem, it is very old and most likely does not know proper settings for your hardware.
(and your bugcheck was in some graphic power management call)

(the next driver is old, but I have never actually seen a problem with this driver)
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\speedfan.sys Sat Dec 29 12:59:35 2012

Marco_56

Commendable
Aug 27, 2016

Thanks.
Just removed the gigabyte driver & it doesnt show up on the driverquery anymore...even after several restarts.

Will test now and check if it works (problem is, to "reproduce" the bluescreen I have to test for atleast 2 hours lf video watching)

Will test now and come back to you.

Thanks mate, youre my lifesaver if this works

Marco_56

Commendable
Aug 27, 2016

removed both...BSoD still occurs
any more ideas?

like i said...its only when watching videos in fullscreen...seems so strange

you should change your memory dump to kernel, it will save more debug info and the internal error logs.
then provide the c:\windows\memory.dmp file that will be produced on the next bugcheck.
https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/111474 ( but select kernel memory dump rather than full memory dump)

you might even want to run verifier.exe
start cmd.exe as an admin, then run
verifier.exe /standard /all

then reboot your machine and wait for the next bughceck.
Note: make sure you know how to get into safe mode so you can turn off verifier.exe if it bugchecks during the next boot up.
you turn off verifier by running
verifier.exe /reset
make sure you run it after you are done testing or your machine will run slowly until you do.

verifier will check drivers for common programming mistakes and will bugcheck the system on the first one it finds.
it is very useful when you have one driver writing over another drivers data.

Marco_56

Commendable
Aug 27, 2016
Hey there,

sorry for not posting again earlier but I'm currently working abroad from Mondays-Fridays therefore not really enough time to test things.
So, did everything you said and did some stuff on my own.

BSoD turned now into "system thread exception not handled " but yet again, only when watching videos online. Here is the dump file:
http://www115.zippyshare.com/v/iqa08xi0/file.html

What I also did observe is, that sometimes the process "system and compromised memory" has very high cpu/ram usage and I need to restart my computer if I wanna do something then.

Hope the new dump file and the above information can help you identify my problem.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,
Marco