Question BSOD Irql not less or equal - Win 1903 build clean install on clevo laptop

Aug 18, 2019
Good day all,

I am having massive issue with my laptop - this is the brief summary:

1. Started getting random bsods out of the blue after updating windows 10 to I believe 1903 (took me some since I work at sea and net is limited). Bsods were irql not less or equal with intelppm.sys and page fault in nonpaged area.
  2. After some troubleshooting I have decided to reinstall the windows completely. At this point one of my ram memory was not readable. I can only have one stick of 8gb inserted. Two will just give me black screen and reboots. During clean reinstallation (ssds completely wiped beforehand) got again irql not less or equal bsods.
  3. Once I managed to install windows 10 - it would just crash at start giving same error and causing a loop of "computer was rebooted unexpected" and asking me to redo the installation of windows 10.

I've tried removing one of the SSD drives, working with ram at different sockets, nothing helpt.

My speccs are:
CPU i7 6700HQ
GPU GTX 1070 8GB
RAM 2x 8GB of HyperX Impact DDR4
This is a clevo case custom laptop model: P670RS-G from Dream Machines.

If anybody has any suggestions what so ever I'd appreciate them greatly. I've read dozens and dozens of different posts to no avail.

Thank you kindly.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try making memtest on another PC and test ram, it creates a bootable USB so no need for windows

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

60frames

Great
Jun 4, 2019
Good day all,

I am having massive issue with my laptop - this is the brief summary:

1. Started getting random bsods out of the blue after updating windows 10 to I believe 1903 (took me some since I work at sea and net is limited). Bsods were irql not less or equal with intelppm.sys and page fault in nonpaged area.
  2. After some troubleshooting I have decided to reinstall the windows completely. At this point one of my ram memory was not readable. I can only have one stick of 8gb inserted. Two will just give me black screen and reboots. During clean reinstallation (ssds completely wiped beforehand) got again irql not less or equal bsods.
  3. Once I managed to install windows 10 - it would just crash at start giving same error and causing a loop of "computer was rebooted unexpected" and asking me to redo the installation of windows 10.
I've tried removing one of the SSD drives, working with ram at different sockets, nothing helpt.

My speccs are:
CPU i7 6700HQ
GPU GTX 1070 8GB
RAM 2x 8GB of HyperX Impact DDR4
This is a clevo case custom laptop model: P670RS-G from Dream Machines.

If anybody has any suggestions what so ever I'd appreciate them greatly. I've read dozens and dozens of different posts to no avail.

Thank you kindly.
Did you follow the windows clean installation guide on tomshardware? The main thing is to disconnect all other drives except the one on which you are installing windows .