[SOLVED] BSOD - IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

Oct 11, 2020
Its been 3 Days since I experienced this problem. I have a year old PC and I own a cat. The story is my cat got hyped and he jumped on top of the chassis resulting to this BSOD. I was just browsing during that time. I let the pc restart on its own but the problem still persists. I tried everything I know about diagnosing PCs, resitted ram slot, update drivers, I even reinstalled new operating system but it only results into new bsod like Kernel Security Check Failure or sometimes System Service Exception.

Addition to the story, screen turned into random yellow lines and squares sometime when I tried to update windows. Can you help me with my problem please? Thats my pc for work.

Here are my specs:

I3 9100f
MSI B365
2x8gb ddr4 Patriot
480gb Lexar SSD
2tb WD Blue HDD
Gtx 1660s
Cooler master 600w

Thank you have a good day

Solution
If the cat caused the "first" BSOD....I would suspect something might be loose.
I would power down....unplug.....and look at everything....and reseat everything (unplug replug).....cards...plugs etc.
I might not reseat the CPU just yet.....but I'd reseat everything that wasn't a major pain.
Then I would try it.
If I still got the BSOD I would reseat the CPU.
If the cat caused the "first" BSOD....I would suspect something might be loose.
I would power down....unplug.....and look at everything....and reseat everything (unplug replug).....cards...plugs etc.
I might not reseat the CPU just yet.....but I'd reseat everything that wasn't a major pain.
Then I would try it.
If I still got the BSOD I would reseat the CPU.

Solution