Question BSOD IRQL_NOT LESS OR EQUAL blah blah, please help me.

cyrustheviruz1

Prominent
Sep 8, 2018
Ok, so I keep having random resets on my pc with the BSOD irql not less or equal message/code. I've tried all of the usual stuff, sfc /scannow from the command prompt, memtest for my ram, reinstalled nvidia drivers, changed settings in driver verifier, chkdsk on all my drives and nothing seems to fix it. I have an ASUS Rampage VI extreme motherboard X299 and a 9940X CPU, I will admit though that I changed my CPU from a 7920X to the 9940X without reinstalling windows, however I did a fresh bios update, etc. I'm seriously about to just do a fresh install of windows but to save myself the headache of redoing all of my programs and all that I would like to see if I have any other options. I do have crash dumps saved. One thing I have noticed is that is always seems to be the same exact blue screen info every time. I do not understand what all of the letters and numbers mean in the crash dump, all I know how to do is open them up with the window kit thing and do the debugger, whatever that does. Any help or advice is much, MUCH appreciated, this is driving me nuts.

cyrustheviruz1

Prominent
Sep 8, 2018
yeah, i have a customer water loop 280mm, actually the 9940x is way cooler than the 7920x due to the fact its a soldered chip instead of that TIM crap they put in the 7000 series of skylake x. My idle temps are 25 to 35c and running OCCT at full load, 4.5GHZ across 14 cores I'm lucky to see 75 to 80c. Right now I'm deleting software such as Asus aura RGB controller, AI suite 3, I've heard sometimes those programs can cause goofy problems.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

cyrustheviruz1

Prominent
Sep 8, 2018
i followed the directions on there, today i've been lucky and havent had a bsod yet. I deleted those asus programs i mentioned and ran memtest, sfc /scannow, chkdsk again along with doing an entire wipe and reinstall of my nvidia drivers. if it happens again i will definitely post that.