Nov 21, 2020
Hello, I've been having BSOD issues recently and reading Whocrashed doesn't seem to tell me what's the issue.
From what I gather it's some kinda of driver issue. My PC has BSOD randomly twice, not while playing any games but when browsing the web.

I've tried:
-Uninstalled and did a clean re-install of graphic drivers
-Updated graphic drivers
-Check memory and ram
-Tried sfc /scannow
-Updated windows
-Check several drivers for updates and all of them are updated

.dmp files
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aBmUwYOfcVcgXpZdYHUBZlQdeYgVEoCQ/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pG3mstoZz-cmksZ5QXAkndIArBkqqQaE/view?usp=sharing

If anyone can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it! :)

Solution
second bugcheck was from firefox when it freed up some memory and gave it back to the system the system detected that it had been corrupted.
you can not tell what process corrupted the memory block since the detection was after the fact rather than at the time of the corruption.
the system was up for 8 hours. I would remove scpvbus.sys and see if you still get the problem or reboot every few hours and hope you reboot before you bugcheck.
oh, scpvbus.sys is public source code but I do not think anyone makes fixes and you have the last version.

--------------------
overall, it is not clear why steam sent a bad value to windows. it could be a steam app bug, a network driver bug, or your scpvbus.sys that is for your controller
I...
second bugcheck was from firefox when it freed up some memory and gave it back to the system the system detected that it had been corrupted.
you can not tell what process corrupted the memory block since the detection was after the fact rather than at the time of the corruption.
the system was up for 8 hours. I would remove scpvbus.sys and see if you still get the problem or reboot every few hours and hope you reboot before you bugcheck.
oh, scpvbus.sys is public source code but I do not think anyone makes fixes and you have the last version.

--------------------
overall, it is not clear why steam sent a bad value to windows. it could be a steam app bug, a network driver bug, or your scpvbus.sys that is for your controller
I will take a look at the other memory dump.

in the first bugcheck steam sent a bad value to windows and caused the bugcheck. steam depends on the network driver that is installed.
you might want to look for a updated network driver if you can find one. the last killer network driver listed here
MSI USA
is older than the version you have installed, the bios looks to be the most current also.

system was up for 5 hours then crashed coming out of a service called steam.
you have one driver installed that has a problem where it corrupts system memory
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\ScpVBus.sys Sun May 5 14:31:26 2013
you should remove this driver, most likely the uninstaller will not work and you will have to use this tool to remove it
Autoruns for Windows - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs

very old usb driver:(most likely will not work correctly on systems after about april of 2012 because of USB spec changes)
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\ScreamingBAudio64.sys Thu Jul 1 11:54:32 2010
I am not sure what problems it would cause. I would remove it if i did not use it or I would put the device on a 2.0 usb hub by itself so other devices do not have get problems.

network driver:
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\e2xw10x64.sys Wed Sep 19 22:10:32 2018
broadcom bluetooth driver?
SystemRoot\system32\drivers\bcbtums.sys Thu Jan 21 11:15:06 2016

your system:
iosVersion = V1.13
BiosReleaseDate = 02/16/2016
SystemManufacturer = MSI
SystemProductName = MS-7917
SystemFamily = To be filled by O.E.M.
SystemVersion = 1.0
SystemSKU = To be filled by O.E.M.
BaseBoardManufacturer = MSI
BaseBoardProduct = Z97 GAMING 5 (MS-7917)
BaseBoardVersion = 1.0

ProcessorNameString = REG_SZ Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz
~MHz = REG_DWORD 3500

Last edited:
Solution
Nov 21, 2020
Thank you for the info and help! :)
I uninstalled the ScpVBus.sys driver and old screamingbee program I never really used.
I found out that scpvbus driver was used for my ds4windows and that program which was completely out of date. The website and github for ds4windows also haven't been updated in over 3 years now lol. I found a newer version of DS4Windows by a different user that's far more updated and doesn't even use that scpvbus driver anymore either.

I'll report back if the BSOD happens again but that out of date driver might have been the issue

Last edited: