Question BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal ntoskrnl.exe

jeerotus

Commendable
Aug 18, 2021
Hello i just started to get BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal ntoskrnl.exe usually when i watch twitch stream/youtube video. It havent happened any time in games. I have already tried memtes86 1 pass and windows own memorytest. I have DDU nvidia drivers and installed only nvidia drivers without geforce experience. I have scanned windows health. Tested my SSD with HDtune. I have newest BIOS and this problem came out of nowhere. I really dont understand anything about dumpfiles and i have tried everything i can find on internet and what i can think of. I have dump files and some pictures uploaded HERE. If you watch that whocrashed picture, those system_thread_exception_not_handled BSOD is when i tried windows driver verifier but it crashed almost instantly when i get to windows and i needed to take it off in safe mode.

edit: I actually had same problem before but only in game and it was too high ram speed. I have put System agent voltage to 1.1V and VCCIO to 1.1V because if it was 1.2v i got really bad distortion on audio+microphone and that was only fix. Can this be problem? Everything have worked fine for many months in games etc but now i cant watch stream and chill without getting BSOD.

My specs:
CPU:i7 6700k 4.5GHz
GPU:GTX 1080 8gb
RAM:Crucial ballistic 2x8gb 3000mhz
MOBO: Asus Z170-A
PSU corsair 650w
SSD:Samsung M.2 250gb

Last edited:

jeerotus

Commendable
Aug 18, 2021
TZthGnc.jpeg

These System agent and vccio settings i talked about. But weird thing about this is i have stress tested many different tests and played many many hours etc without blue screens and now i get BSOD with stream on one screen and some light PC usage on another screen.

jeerotus

Commendable
Aug 18, 2021
I noticed that when i tried to use driver verifier one driver fault was vgk.sys and when i googled it i instantly found bluescreen related stuff on google. Its valorant anticheat which is always open in PC. I closen Valorant anticheat and now i havent had any bluescreens in a day. I will confirm here if its permanent fix but at this point i have feeling that was the problem.

Reactions: gardenman