[SOLVED] BSOD-Kernal security check failure

Sep 11, 2019
So I was on YouTube and my PC suddenly crashes with Blue screen...

Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We are just collecting some error info, and then we will restart for you.
0% complete
Stop code:Kernal security check failure

So, I did search about it and found an 'how to fix this' on tomshardware itself, but the problem is it says I have to update certain drivers, update windows etc but I can't do that while I'm on this screen, it's just stuck at 0% complete for like half hour now. Should I just power it off completely and try restarting again? If not, what should I do from here?

Solution

Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We are just collecting some error info, and then we will restart for you.
0% complete

So, I did search about it and found an 'how to fix this' on tomshardware itself, but the problem is it says I have to update certain drivers, update windows etc but I can't do that while I'm on this screen, it's just stuck at 0% complete for like half hour now. Should I just power it off completely and try restarting again? If not, what should I do from here?

try a restart. its clearly stuck

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small...

Colif

Win 11 Master

0% complete

try a restart. its clearly stuck

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

What are specs of the PC?
I have seen a lot of those recently, if you happen to have a Nvidia GPU, try this and reload drivers - https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

Reactions: pratss
Solution