[SOLVED] BSOD- KMODE Exception Not Handled followed by more errors.

AubryElise

Reputable
Oct 18, 2015
It started with a BSOD Kmode Exception Not Handled. I restored the PC to a previous point using the system restore feature and carried on until I got the error again. When I ran startup repair, I got the error system32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.txt. I followed a YouTube tutorial that instructed me to run these commands:

chkdsk /f /r C:

C: (for me it was D: since that is where my Windows OS is located)

D:

cd d:\windows\system32\config

md backup

copy . backup

md backup1

copy . backup1

cd regback

dir

copy . ..

bootrec /fixmbr

bootrec /fixboot

This is where I first ran into problems. It was saying access denied. So, I typed in bootsect/nt60 sys and the problem was solved. However, it came back later.

bcdedit /export d:bcdbackup

attrib d:boot\bcd -h -r -s

this is where I'm stuck. I followed multiple YouTube tutorial solutions with no luck as when it gets back to requiring a bootrec /fixboot the previous solution does not work as well as many other solutions I've tried, such as going into Diskpart and messing with the EFI partition, doing commands to create bootfiles, etc.

So essentially attrib d:boot\bcd -h -r -s is returning d:boot path not found and none of the solutions are working.

Now, after doing all of the above, I'm getting error code 0xc0000001 whenever my computer restarts.

the only thing I haven't tried is using a Windows installation media, I've been doing all of the above from recovery mode. Restoring to a previous point isn't working, startup repair isn't working.

Solution
Before you boot, plugin a USB device.
Boot and go to command prompt in the recovery environment, enter the following commands. After each command press enter
Code:
diskpart
list volume
Take note of the letter of the volume where the size matches the size of the USB.
Next, enter the following commands, after each command press enter
Code:
exit
copy "D:\Windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrails.txt" "X:\"
Replace X with the letter of the USB that you just took note of. Now the srttrails.txt file should be on the USB, connect the USB to another device that you can use to upload it.
Before you boot, plugin a USB device.
Boot and go to command prompt in the recovery environment, enter the following commands. After each command press enter
Code:
diskpart
list volume
Take note of the letter of the volume where the size matches the size of the USB.
Next, enter the following commands, after each command press enter
Code:
exit
copy "D:\Windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrails.txt" "X:\"
Replace X with the letter of the USB that you just took note of. Now the srttrails.txt file should be on the USB, connect the USB to another device that you can use to upload it.

Solution