Question BSOD, laptop won't turn on anymore

Wojciech_1

Honorable
Jun 18, 2016
Turned on my laptop for the first time in almost two weeks. During those two weeks it was unplugged AC power. I plugged it in earlier today and I tried switching it on a bit ago. It loaded up to the lock screen and right after that it blue screened. I think the error that showed up was WHEA uncorrectable error. Now, it won't boot at all. The "charging" light remains on even with the cable unplugged. Seems like the entire laptop might be busted , unless one of you can figure something out. I'll add, just in case, that I currently don't have access to any tools to open up the laptop.

Last edited:

Wojciech_1

Honorable
Jun 18, 2016
UPDATE: I managed to get the laptop to turn on, but there is a weird scratching, squeaking sound coming from inside the laptop. Some piece of hardware is definitely malfunctioning.

Edit: tried running memory diagnostics and the quiet sound turned into a loud hum. My guess is that it's a broken fan since, the laptop doesn't seem to sound the same as it used when under load.

Last edited:
Reactions: alfredjoejr

alfredjoejr

Commendable
Nov 9, 2021
UPDATE: I managed to get the laptop to turn on, but there is a weird scratching, squeaking sound coming from inside the laptop. Some piece of hardware is definitely malfunctioning.

Edit: tried running memory diagnostics and the quiet sound turned into a loud hum. My guess is that it's a broken fan since, the laptop doesn't seem to sound the same as it used when under load.
I dont think the Fan makes such a big noise. It might be ur HDD [Mechanical failure].

TRENDING THREADS