[SOLVED] BSOD loop

Viorala

Reputable
May 20, 2019
I was in my BIOS looking at the information, I changed the cpu fan to do an alarm at 80 degrees and enabled it to turn off I think. I also turned off intel rapid storage. I clicked on xmp and then clicked it back off because I didn't want to deal with BIOS issues right now. Saved and exited.

Now my pc is on a bsod loop. It posts, then bsod, then restarts, posts, bsod. The error says "Inaccessible boot device.". However I can get into BIOS and my dad with windows shows up in boot sequence manager.

I've reset BIOS to optimized defaults, didn't work. I took out the battery for five min, didn't work. Windows did a chkdsk I think. The ssd is firmly connected.

Please tell me what to do in BIOS to stop this madness.

Solution
It was due to the Intel Rapid Storage. I had turned it off, that caused the bsod loop, I turned it back on but somehow it got turned back off again, I turned it back on AGAIN and it finally got me out of the loop.

I tried to uninstall it like I had before because Gigabyte's not even going to use it anymore but it's not there to uninstall this time. I guess I should fully update it then, maybe then it won't take my system hostage like that.

Also my pc's boot time is longer now. And my ssd is making weird noises. :(

This is why I hate messing around in BIOS. Every time I have in the past something gets screwed up. Every time!

Viorala

Reputable
May 20, 2019
It was due to the Intel Rapid Storage. I had turned it off, that caused the bsod loop, I turned it back on but somehow it got turned back off again, I turned it back on AGAIN and it finally got me out of the loop.

I tried to uninstall it like I had before because Gigabyte's not even going to use it anymore but it's not there to uninstall this time. I guess I should fully update it then, maybe then it won't take my system hostage like that.

Also my pc's boot time is longer now. And my ssd is making weird noises. :(

This is why I hate messing around in BIOS. Every time I have in the past something gets screwed up. Every time!

Solution