BSOD Memory Management and others minors issues (ryzen 5 2600)

Oct 26, 2018
Hi guys,I have been having some troubles with a new PC wich i built recently. The specs are:

- Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600
- Motherboard Asus Prime B450m-a
- RAM Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 2666MHZ 1x8GB (BLS8G4D26BFSBK)
- PSU Thermaltake TR2 500W (From my previous PC)
- Video EVGA GTX 750 ti (Previous PC)
- HD SSD Crucial BX300 128GB
- HD WD Black 500gb 7200rpm (Previos PC)
- Gabinete Thermaltake Versa j21

After install Windows 10 PRO 64 bits I have been experienced randomly BSOD with the message "Memory Management" together wit other minor problems like random tab crashs in firefox (exception_access_violation_read) and random crashes with vermintide 2 via steam (Corrupt game data in block #). The BSOD appears on rare occasions but it keeps showing up. I have tried this things so far:

- Update my BIOS to lastest available version in the ASUS website
- Move the RAM module to another slot and between the 2 channels
- Test RAM with memtest86 and Windows memory diagnostic (no errors found)
- Crystal Disk and SSD Life for SSD testing (all good aparently)
- Exhaustive test on the WD HD with WD tool included in hirens boot (no errors found)
- Nvidia drivers updated to last version available
- Motherboards drivers updated to last version from Asus website (including chipset driver)
- SO re installation (SSD HD format included)
- Windows 10 PRO updated

Thanks for your time and sorry for my english, any idea would be appreciated. Cheers!

Oct 26, 2018
Just finish the memtest86+, leave running all night and part of the morning... 10 pass and 50% of the eleven, 0 errors.... At the risk of talking to soon, after the manual configuration of latency seems stable and no BSOD pop up (for now). Gonna keep testing today and like Calvin7 said, try to test tonight with memtest...

Again, thank you all for your time. Will bring the test results tomorrow.

Oct 26, 2018

Yeah, i checked (before buy the components) and like you said, that memory module doesnt appear in the QVL list but unfortunatly i live in Argentina and the offer of RAM is pretty limited. When the problem started i search for memories availables in the providers that appears in the QVL list and i got no lucky (Onle one memory and waaaay out of my budget) . The reason that drive me to buy this RAM module was the crucial website "Will it work with my system" compatibilty check

Oct 26, 2018
Hi Again, Today I finished ram testing with MemTest (latest version available in memtest.com) and got 8 passes with 0 errors. On the other hand, i was writing this coment (with a little optimism i have to say because i havent got another bsod since the manual configuration of the latency) and when it finished loading a map on "Rust", got another god damn bsod "memory management" (this time with a "trrrrr" sound coming out trough the headphones).
I got borrowed a pair of A-Data RAM modules (2400MHZ - 2 x 4GB) and put it to work. Put all the parameters on "AUTO" and gonna see what happends.

If you recommend me another action to take with this "new" memory, im always open to suggestions.

Like always, thanks for your time. Will be posting the results later....

put the actual minidump files from c:\windows\minidump directory onto a cloud server, share the files for public access and post a link so the files can be looked at with a windows debugger.

- bugcheck showed corruption in paging in data into memory
- looks like some key windows files had info removed
- some files are not being loaded from the correct directories
suspect driver from (2008) inpoutx64.sys

looks like some files are from different windows builds. Maybe a updates not completed.

looks like a strange build. I would be inclined to download a new install image of the current version of windows and do a clean install . do not install ASUS\AI Suite III\
i think it is installing a bogus old amd cpu microcode patch that conflicts with your bios update and the microsoft windows update cpu microcode patch. (guees it might be the root cause of this bugcheck)

suspect file:
http://www.highrez.co.uk/Downloads/InpOut32/default.htm

fffff80a`71550000 fffff80a`71557000 inpoutx64 (deferred)
Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\inpoutx64.sys
Image name: inpoutx64.sys
Browse all global symbols functions data
Timestamp: Fri Oct 17 16:01:16 2008 (48F9193C)
CheckSum: 00009319
ImageSize: 00007000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Information from resource tables:

Oct 26, 2018
Thanks Johnbl, Im gonna give another try to a clean new install and see whats happends. I was testing the PC with the borrow memories and works fine (no BSOD for now), on the other hand, im testing the "problematic" ram module in a PC at work (Core i3 7100 - MSI Z270 Gaming M3) and 0 problems so far, this only let me think that the Ballistix Sport (BLS8G4D26BFSBK) module has compatibility problems with the Asus Prime B450m-a mainboard and/or Ryzen 5 2600 proc.

Always open to suggestions, thanks for your time

use memtest86 on its own boot image to test ram and the bios memory settings.
bugcheks, can take days to occur and since windows loades drivers in different orders on each boot, you will get different bugchecks.

memory does not load files from the wrong directories, or clear out key data structures of core windows files. this is what malware/virus/ rootkits and hack programs do.

generally you would update the bios since you have a Ryzen cpu,
boot windows and run powershell or cmd as an admin and run
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
(to fix some corrupted files)

not sure what to do about files being loaded from the wrong locations.
I most likely would make a new windows image and do a clean install.
do not install old cpu microcode patches, just the bios update and let windows update install its cpu microcode patches.

memory corruptions are generally not targeted at key windows files.