[SOLVED] BSOD - MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

Allan_10

Honorable
Jun 30, 2016
Hello there! I started getting these BSODs at random after installing new RAM. It happens at random, but the latest one happened just as I clicked the "Shut down" button. I'll be extremely thankful if you can help me figure out if it's the RAM that's defective or what, thanks in advance!

Specs:
MoBo: ASUS B450M-A II
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5
RAM: 4x8gb HyperX Fury 3200mHz hx423c16FB3/8
SDD: ADATA Swordfish 250gb m2
GPU: MSI RTX 3060

Two minidumps here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/j17okj5ck2s6scf/minidump.rar/file

And the WHOCRASHED reports:

On Thu 22-Dec-22 12:44:39 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported

Crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\122222-8703-01.dmp (Minidump)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A(0x41792, 0xFFFFD600F1D14D50, 0x20000000, 0x0)
Bugcheck name:MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Bug check description:This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
Analysis:A corrupted PTE has been detected. This is possibly a software problem. This is a typical case of memory corruption.
This bugcheck is often associated with overheating problems. Read this article on memory corruption. Read this article on thermal issues

Crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP (Kernel memory dump)
Bug check description:This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
Analysis:A corrupted PTE has been detected. This is possibly a software problem. This is a typical case of memory corruption.
This bugcheck is often associated with overheating problems. Read this article on memory corruption. Read this article on thermal issues

On Mon 19-Dec-22 6:21:58 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported

Crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\121922-8593-01.dmp (Minidump)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A(0x41792, 0xFFFF9DBFFB862C50, 0x20000000, 0x0)

Solution
or he can run memtest and let it tell him

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Colif

Win 11 Master

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

Solution
Hello there! I started getting these BSODs at random after installing new RAM. It happens at random, but the latest one happened just as I clicked the "Shut down" button. I'll be extremely thankful if you can help me figure out if it's the RAM that's defective or what, thanks in advance!

Specs:
MoBo: ASUS B450M-A II
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5
RAM: 4x8gb HyperX Fury 3200mHz hx423c16FB3/8
SDD: ADATA Swordfish 250gb m2
GPU: MSI RTX 3060

Two minidumps here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/j17okj5ck2s6scf/minidump.rar/file

And the WHOCRASHED reports:

Crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\122222-8703-01.dmp (Minidump)

Crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP (Kernel memory dump)

On Mon 19-Dec-22 6:21:58 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported

Crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\121922-8593-01.dmp (Minidump)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A(0x41792, 0xFFFF9DBFFB862C50, 0x20000000, 0x0)
Was this new ram an add on to existing ram or a 4x8GB kit or 4 separate 8GB sticks.

Allan_10

Honorable
Jun 30, 2016

Thank you all for your replies, I ran memtest on individual sticks, three got the PASS message but one immediately threw up 130 errors as soon as the test started, guess I'll be contacting amazon over that one. Still, it would be great if someone could explain how the computer seemed to "work" with that faulty stick plugged in? Like I mentioned in my initial post, the BSOD happened at random.

Thanks again guys!

Colif

Win 11 Master
It depends how often the ram was used. If you had 4 sticks, its possible it only sparingly used those parts of the stick that are bad. I don't know if ram is used like Flash memory where all cells are used evenly or if those cells were just rarely used and or touched. With 32gb of ram, its possible.