Dec 16, 2020
Hello internet

my specs are;

Ryzen 5 2600 (no OC)
Corsair vengeance lpx 16gb (2x8gb) 3200mhz
Gigabyte b450m ds3h (rev 1.0) BIOS version F51
Radeon r7 240 (due to the tragic gpu shortage)
EVGA 600w psu
Windows 10

I recently bought all the parts new and built the pc.
I'm fairly frequently experiencing BSOD throwing up irql_not_less_or_equal error code and some other code which I can't remember or have any method for producing. The BSOD's happen randomly when putting the computer under minimal load by simply browsing the web and when stress testing using memtest64. The BSOD's happen consistently when stress testing giving out over 100 errors before it can't be bothered. I use the gigabyte xmp profile clocking the ram to 3200mhz and 1.35v which is what the ram is rated for.

I reached out for amazon for a new set of ram which is producing the same results as the previous, however while not using xmp setting the ram to 2133mhz my system is stable and happily chugs away at the stress test overnight. CPU temps are normal hovering around 75. Windows is latest version and I'm running chipset drivers and gpu drivers. I really hope it's not the CPU or motherboard however I don't see what else it could be.
I tried reseating CPU (no pins were bent from what I saw) and applying new thermal paste to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Solution
That actually seems to be the norm for that memory, runs at 2133 -- seen many people with that motherboard and memory have the identical issue. Your memory, which I assume is model CMK16GX4M2B3200C16, is NOT on the memory QVL for your board HERE.

My advice has been to contact Corsair support to see if they have a solution or will do an exchange for compatible memory.

RealBeast

Titan
That actually seems to be the norm for that memory, runs at 2133 -- seen many people with that motherboard and memory have the identical issue. Your memory, which I assume is model CMK16GX4M2B3200C16, is NOT on the memory QVL for your board HERE.

My advice has been to contact Corsair support to see if they have a solution or will do an exchange for compatible memory.

Solution
Dec 16, 2020

Well that's quite a stupid mistake on my part, thank you very much for the reply.