BSOD multiple errors at various times

kerrlybill

Reputable
Mar 27, 2015
I have a computer which receives mutliple BSOD's at various times with multiple different errors. It can BS just after startup, while idling, watching a video or looking at a webpage. Can't really seem to pinpoint why it does it. I am pretty sure it is not the ram. We tested it in his current machine multiple times and everything worked flawlessly.

A little background on my PC. It was brothers hand me down and worked perfectly for him. I installed a new power source, hard drive, sata cables, video card and installed a fresh version of Windows 7. The ram was provided and used in this machine when he had it.

Here is access to my Onedrive with all my dump files in it. Please let me know if you have trouble viewing.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=1679CA260099CB24!193&authkey=!AK6audzpTLLdQVQ&ithint=folder%2c

Please let me know if you need any other info and I will provide it. Will be monitoring this thread regularly to see where I can help.

Appreciate all your help. Thanks!

I looked at three bugchecks, all were in different files. This would indicate that the stored file is ok on disk but it getting corrupted when it is placed into memory. I would do this: pull out your memory, swap the slots and run memtest86. Windows will load the drivers in different orders on each boot, if you have a bad spot in your RAM then a different driver will be corrupted on each boot. Also, only certain drivers are checked for corruption so you could boot and run for a long time before your system crashes.
looks like you have (2) 2GB 800MHz memory modules in bank 2 and bank 3
( you should check your motherboard manual to see the best banks to put them into, sometimes different banks have slightly different timings)

---------
I would do the various scans but since the hardware is so old, I would also run memtest86 and confirm you do not have a hardware issue. old hardware tend to have brittle solder that can pop off of traces on the board and cause intermittent connections (depending on temperature, these can be very hard to find)
------------
update your network driver, confirm your windows nidis.sys driver (network driver) is not corrupted on disk.
run cmd.exe as an admin, then run
sfc.exe /scannow
and confirm all file corruptions are fixed.

your windows win32k.sys looked like it was modified, it is a common point of attack for malware,rootkits and viruses. You should run a malwarebytes scan.

-------------
looking at just the most current memory dump, you have a single bit memory corruption in NDIS.sys

this file looks suspect:
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ASACPI.sys Sun Mar 27 19:30:36 2005
this is Asus ATK0110 ACPI Utility (known to cause bugchecks on windows 7)

your Marvell Yukon networking are old
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\yk62x64.sys Thu Sep 08 00:34:54 2011
maybe look here for update:http://www.marvell.com/support/downloads/search.do

machine info:
BIOS Version 0801
BIOS Release Date 12/26/2007
Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC.
Product M3A32-MVP DELUXE
Version Rev 1.xx
Processor Manufacturer AMD
Processor ID 220f1000fffb8b17
Processor Version AMD Phenom(tm) 9600 Quad-Core Processor