Question BSOD netio.sys failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

asuswin10guy

Reputable
Feb 6, 2020
Hello,

I just got a new Asus laptop.

I did full updates from Microsoft windows10 updates and later realized maybe I should have updated Asus hardware drivers first. Now I am having BSOD issues & netio.sys errors forcing me to reboot at least twice so far. Since then I’ve not had this issue so far.
I shutdown my laptop everyday. I just noticed from task manager and confirmed in cmd prompt commands my laptop is running for several days. Wondering if this is normal or a setting somewhere or related to issue 1. ?
I was having slow internet issues – rebooted modem , no help. Then I found out I had to flushdns , etc and so far no more issues. Is this also related to issue 1. ?

I updated windows 10 one more time to 1909 nd I still get the netio.sys failed blue screen issue. please help.

Colif

Win 11 Master
What model laptop?

netio.sys is part of windows used for network activities, so I would update LAN drivers and see if that helps.

I was having slow internet issues – rebooted modem , no help. Then I found out I had to flushdns , etc and so far no more issues. Is this also related to issue 1. ?

Yes, it is likely related.

I shutdown my laptop everyday. I just noticed from task manager and confirmed in cmd prompt commands my laptop is running for several days. Wondering if this is normal or a setting somewhere or related to issue 1. ?

this is normal for any PC running Fast Startup. PC isn't actually off when shutdown, its merely sleeping. It is a handy feature if laptop only has a hdd. If you have an ssd, you don't need it - This shows how to turn it off - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html

asuswin10guy

Reputable
Feb 6, 2020
ok thank you. at least that solves the uptime issue. My laptop is an ASUS gamin g laptop . I got it brand new from Amazon. Yes the driver is up to date. Could it be I updated wrongly ? I did a full windows update and then tried the device driver update , it does say its up to date. Maybe I should have done it the other way round ? please advice.

Colif

Win 11 Master
There is more than one Asus Gaming laptop but hopefully the next step will tell me more than you know.

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in this thread so we can help fix the problem

how did you update? Each Asus laptop will have a website that contains all the newest drivers for the device - windows device manager isn't very good at identifying new drivers that haven't been submitted to MIcrosoft for testing. So it just can't see them.

Reactions: asuswin10guy

asuswin10guy

Reputable
Feb 6, 2020
There is more than one Asus Gaming laptop but hopefully the next step will tell me more than you know.

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in this thread so we can help fix the problem

how did you update? Each Asus laptop will have a website that contains all the newest drivers for the device - windows device manager isn't very good at identifying new drivers that haven't been submitted to MIcrosoft for testing. So it just can't see them.

Thanks , thats what I thought too. I decided to factory reset yesterday and do it the asus device drivers first and then windows update - the right order. Looks better now. so far so good. Thank you Colif.

Status
Not open for further replies.