BSOD Not Less or Equal -> Driver Verifier -> TeeDriverW8x64.sys

matteino98

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
Good day to all of you.
I've ran into a BSOD during gameplay, the BSOD was IRQL_Not_less_or_equal, to troubleshoot, ive checked my ram thru Windows MemTest. No errors there, the Ram is fine.
Time to check the drivers then, I've ran Driver verifier with CMD and restarted the computer. Got a blue screen, as expected, confirming a problem with a Driver (BSOD xC4 Driver_Verified_detected_violation).
Using the Software "BlueScreen View" I've determined that the driver causing the first BSOD is the Intel Management Interface Engine driver (TeeDriverW8x64.sys).
It is updated to the latest version thru windows update.

I don't know what else I can do. Maybe someone has an idea?
Thanks in advance.

Solution
Intel rapid storage technology are raid drivers... check in your bios and see if its still set to boot AHCI

Do you have a installer on USB? Just need it for booting - On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

See if you can get to safe mode from it:
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
PC will restart and load safe mode

If you can get to safe mode, perhaps remove IRST. Its used for raid or setting up cache drives. It may not have caused this problem as it...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Your current version appears to be for windows 8, judging by its name.

What motherboard do you have? often updated versions will be on the motherboard web site under chipset

you can go here and click "Get started" in Update your drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

matteino98

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
MSI Z97Gaming 5, and it is Windows 10. I'm 100% certain of it.
The link you've shared, apparently the Driver Support assistant is getting a tune up and unavailable at the moment. I'll check later once it's enabled. Thanks for sharing the link.

matteino98

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
Oh no.
After installing the driver, I've decided to install the other drivers MSI recommends.
I've installed intel management engine driver first, followed by rapid storage technology and a Ethernet Killer driver. Now windows is stuck rebooting.

What do I do now?
Thanks in advance.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Intel rapid storage technology are raid drivers... check in your bios and see if its still set to boot AHCI

Do you have a installer on USB? Just need it for booting - On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

See if you can get to safe mode from it:
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
PC will restart and load safe mode

If you can get to safe mode, perhaps remove IRST. Its used for raid or setting up cache drives. It may not have caused this problem as it shouldn't enable itself without your input.

If that doesn't work, or start up options isn't an option, you can try system restore. In theory win 10 should have creates a system restore file just before installing those drivers so can try to roll back to just before updating any of them. You will find system restore in same menu as Start up options (troubleshoot/advanced)

MSI motherboards have a utility called Live Update 6 which you should have been able to use to update all your drivers, though maybe not the Intel as you should have newer.

Solution