BSOD, Not Sure Why

Andrewst9921

Reputable
Aug 19, 2015
Windows 10
AMD Kaveri 7850k @ 3.7 GHz
8GB (2X4GB Gskill RAM) @ 2133 MHz
Asrock FM2A88X AMD A88X

After a bizzare failed overclock months ago, the computer had a BSOD. I turned down my RAM overclock back from 2400 MHz to stock speeds at 2133 MHz. It has been stable since, until now. It is happening much more frequently now and yesterday when the computer blue screened, the audio that was playing was skipping over and over like a scratched disk while on the error. I ran memtest86 to find the RAM stable and Aida64 pushed it to a BSOD. The overclock was on my APU, it doesn't like to overclock, its stable at stock and running it at turbo speeds but anything more and anything in between stock and turbo won't work. The bizzare overclock happened when after getting a GTX H100i watercooler I overclocked it to 4 GHz and was preparing to trying more voltages in small increments when the computer shut down and wouldn't post. I had to pull the battery, turn off the PSU, and wait with a hope and a pray. After I finally got a post and went into Windows (Windows 8.1 then), it went to a BSOD. I'm 99.9% sure its either RAM, motherboard, or software. What do you think?

TRENDING THREADS