BSOD now PC restarts every 3 secs

Reezey92

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017
Hey guys, I'm having a big problem here that I think I have narrowed down to either faulty mobo or CPU, but im not sure which, I don't have any spares to test either. Here's what happened

-Computer started BSODing 3 times last night, turned it off and went to bed

- in the morning after about 30 mins it BSOD again with an error about wdfs01000.dll

-this time it BSOD upon restart at the windows logo 6 times in a row

-after the 6th time it no longer gets to the bios screen, just constantly restarts every 3 secs typical of a hardware issue

-if I leave it on after 2-5 minutes of restarting cycles it eventually stays on but nothing comes up on the screen

I've already tried swapping to a different Psu, tried reseating the ram and using only 1 stick at a time, tried reseatting the CPU, tried clearing cmos, and have just now breadboarded it with no change at all.

So I think I have either faulty mobo or a CPU, but like I said I got no way to test which. Which one seems more likely?

Lutfij

Titan
Seems like your PSU can be the culprit or even the ram being bad/faulty. You posted a thread of troubleshooting nature but you've forgotten to include your culprit system's specs and the OS. Can you please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

By different did you make sure you used a unit that had more wattage than your own unit and that it was a reliable unit to begin with? In spite of the issue, did you make sure it was last on the latest BIOS revision?

Reezey92

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017
Oh wow sorry completely forgot to list my specs, thanks for the help.

Cpu: Intel i7 7700
Mobo: Gigabyte GA BM150 HD3
Ram: Kingston HyperX Fury HX421C14FB2K2
SSD: Intel 540
GPU: GTX960
PSU: Antec HCG 620w
Case: Corsair Carbide 02

The PSU I swapped with was the same wattage, 620, tried and tested Corsair one I've used for years. No, I dont think I've touched the BIOS at all. The ram could be faulty, but unfortunately I simply I have no way to test myself, so I'm hoping the BSOD might give some clues. Thanks again