[SOLVED] BSOD ntoskrnl.exe Crash at Boot

Jul 23, 2019
Hey guys,
I'm new here so sorry if this is the wrong thread but I recently build a pc but sometimes at boot I receive a kernel not less or equal bsod. I doubt it is a driver issue so I am kinda scarred it's RAM.

I used bluescreenviewer but Google spits out nothing helpful when feeding it with Infos so I decided to seek some specific help.

Here is a link to the most recent Minidumps:
https://mega.nz/#!5PBT3Yyb!k_ofZx_toZk5cXuYGYA-A24B6_fVAvujQRndysZ2r04

Thanks for helping!👋

Solution
Welcome to the forums my friend!
I would tend to avoid BlueScreen or Whocrashed debugging software as they aren't dynamic, and often don't go to the right level of detail or display the wrong drivers at all. A full debug is the best way to go.

Are you running any OC at all?
Can you please post your entire system spec including PSU make and model?
Have you changed anything recently?

I ran the dump file and you can view the entire report here: https://pste.eu/p/wBU5.html

Summary of findings:
BugCheck A, {8007c0, ff, b6, fffff80512c3ce8f}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiEndThreadAccountingPeriod+18f )

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid)...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!
I would tend to avoid BlueScreen or Whocrashed debugging software as they aren't dynamic, and often don't go to the right level of detail or display the wrong drivers at all. A full debug is the best way to go.

Are you running any OC at all?
Can you please post your entire system spec including PSU make and model?
Have you changed anything recently?

I ran the dump file and you can view the entire report here: https://pste.eu/p/wBU5.html

Summary of findings:
BugCheck A, {8007c0, ff, b6, fffff80512c3ce8f}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiEndThreadAccountingPeriod+18f )

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000008007c0, memory referenced
Arg2: 00000000000000ff, IRQL
Arg3: 00000000000000b6, bitfield :
bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: fffff80512c3ce8f, address which referenced memory

PROCESS_NAME: Xbox.exe
MODULE_NAME: nt
IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe

If you encounter bug check 0xA while upgrading to a later version of Windows, this error might be caused by a device driver, a system service, a virus scanner, or a backup tool that is incompatible with the new version.

Some things to consider:

- Resolving a faulty hardware problem: If hardware has been added to the system recently, remove it to see if the error recurs. If existing hardware has failed, remove or replace the faulty component. You should run hardware diagnostics supplied by the system manufacturer. For details on these procedures, see the owner's manual for your computer.
- Resolving a faulty system service problem: Disable the service and confirm that this resolves the error. If so, contact the manufacturer of the system service about a possible update. If the error occurs during system startup, investigate the Windows repair options. For more information, see Recovery options in Windows 10.
- Resolving an antivirus software problem: Disable the program and confirm that this resolves the error. If it does, contact the manufacturer of the program about a possible update.

Reactions: gardenman
Solution
Jul 23, 2019
No, I am not running an OC only light UV by WattMan
I am now running:

Saphire AMD FX Vega 56
Ryzen 5 2600
16 GB 3000mhz RAM
be quiet! Pure Power 10 ATX 600W BN274

(I know it is just barely enough!!!)
MSI B450 Gaming Plus Mobo

I have one major problem with my MOBO as it isn't detecting the update file, i've checked it multible times: Update version is fine and USB Stick is fat32.
So I've decided to just stick with it as the current BIOS Version is just half a year old.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2019
Ok so here is my current status;

I managed to update the BIOS to the newest stable version,
I also updated Kaspersky now to again the newest stable version.

What I also did is optimize the RAM a bit to not go for full 3 Ghz speed just to 2400 Should be enough.

So far so good. My plan now is to just keep using it and hope the BSOD is fixed. If not I will post another dump file.

Now I can only say thanks for the help.

(y)

Reactions: PC Tailor

TRENDING THREADS