Question BSOD ntoskrnl.exe

Jan 2, 2019
Hi, I have been experiencing BSODs occasionally. Tried the verifier tool and saw that ntoskrnl.exe was causing all the BSODs. I already did sfc /scannow, dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth, chkdsk on all drives, and 4 passes of memtest86. All passed with no errors. The latest software I installed was rgb fusion because I recently bought argb fans and an aio.

Here's the link to all the dmp files:
DMP Files

Edit: Currently testing each ram stick individually (HyperX Fury rgb 2x8gb 3200mhz). If memtest86 does not find any errors, I will remove the cable extensions and see if that helps.

Update: Both ram sticks passed the individual testing with memtest86. I also stress tested the cpu, gpu and ram for almost 12 hours and no issues so far. So the most probable cause is a driver misbehaving?

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
NTOSKRNL = windows kernel. It handles all driver requests, power management, and memory management. It sits between Hardware and Applications. It got blamed but its not the cause

its unlikely its cause of any of them.

I will ask a friend to look at the files and convert them into a form I can read. He will reply later.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/74s6kgbt/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:012722-34406-01.dmp (Jan 26 2022 - 20:14:01)
Bugcheck:DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (C4)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for vgk.sys
Probably caused by:vgk.sys (Process running at time of crash: explorer.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 6 Hour(s), 18 Min(s), and 48 Sec(s)

File information:012622-14625-01.dmp (Jan 26 2022 - 10:31:35)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process running at time of crash: Registry)
Uptime:2 Day(s), 15 Hour(s), 19 Min(s), and 03 Sec(s)

File information:011822-13453-01.dmp (Jan 17 2022 - 23:33:34)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process running at time of crash: Registry)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 18 Hour(s), 22 Min(s), and 33 Sec(s)

File information:011422-12937-01.dmp (Jan 13 2022 - 19:22:23)
Bugcheck:CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101)
Probably caused by:Unknown_Image (Process running at time of crash: svchost.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 21 Hour(s), 17 Min(s), and 25 Sec(s)

File information:010622-13968-01.dmp (Jan 5 2022 - 16:33:46)
Bugcheck:DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process running at time of crash: Teams.exe)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 21 Hour(s), 29 Min(s), and 51 Sec(s)
Comments:
  • The overclocking driver "RTCore64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner)
  • The overclocking driver "IOCBios2.sys" was found on your system. (Intel Extreme Tuning Utility)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B560M-AORUS-PRO-AX-rev-1x
You have the latest BIOS already installed, version F9.

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
top crash caused by Vanguard, the anti cheat for Valorant. you can't play game without it. I have seen it cause BSOD before as it runs with more access than most drivers do, and often thinks it owns PC. It can conflict and stop other programs it sees as threats or cheats.

do you use Ethernet or WiFi?
your Ethernet is old
Nov 08 2020e2f68.sysIntel(R) Ethernet Adapter NDIS driver
but WiFi is newer
Oct 04 2021Netwtw10.sysIntel Wi-Fi driver
can update both using https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

Jan 2, 2019
I mainly use ethernet
top crash caused by Vanguard, the anti cheat for Valorant. you can't play game without it. I have seen it cause BSOD before as it runs with more access than most drivers do, and often thinks it owns PC. It can conflict and stop other programs it sees as threats or cheats.

do you use Ethernet or WiFi?
your Ethernet is old
Nov 08 2020e2f68.sysIntel(R) Ethernet Adapter NDIS driver
but WiFi is newer
Oct 04 2021Netwtw10.sysIntel Wi-Fi driver
can update both using https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html
I mainly use ethernet but I periodically use wifi whenever I need to print something on the printer. I already updated the ethernet driver, one dated on June 2021 and wifi and Bluetooth drivers dated on Nov. 30, 2021.

TRENDING THREADS