[SOLVED] BSOD on a new build & Bzz sounds while in-game

P1lgimag3

Commendable
Dec 21, 2020
A brief journey on my build progress:
Right after i build my new pc (specs below), i have a few power outagges (my house power not sufficient with my new 1000w PSU). After a handful of events, like 4-5 times outtages. my LAN port is busted and not working, so i go back to the shop and they give me a new motherboard. Since then, i have manage to not use electrical appliances simultaneously and i haven't experienced any outtages ever since.

First problem appeared when i was gaming, pc suddenly restarted, but blue screen (literally) did not appear and it dont give any error code or notifications what so ever. Windows Reliability History shown below:
View: https://imgur.com/a/T01Mexl

My simple research on the internet comes to this t hings:
- Do i need to update my BIOS? i have been told that a RMA products might have a different BIOS version, but i dont know if i need to update my BIOS or not.

Bzzt sounds on my headphones.
I noticed this happened a lot everytime i alt tab in games (i do it a lot getting infos on browser while playing the game). At first it didn't worry me at all, cause the Bzz sound appears when i alt-tab only. But today when i was in-game playing Escape From Tarkov, the Bzz sound appears in the middle of the games, and it happened a lot. like 5 times in a 2 minute time. and the screen did have a little stutter everytime the Bzzt sounds appears.
*Sorry on this multiple issues, i thought the BSOD and the "Bzzt sound" might have correlation or something

My specs are:
  • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
  • Z790 DDR5 MSI Tomahawk
  • BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends International, LLC. H.00, 21/09/2022
  • Intel i7-13700KF
  • 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 6400mhz (XMP)
  • MSI 6950XT Gaming X Trio
  • Crucial P5 PLus 2TB PCIe M.2 2280SS
  • Corsair RMX 1000w
  • Security Software: Firewall, Windows Defender
  • Using VPN occasionally
  • Not Under/Overclocking, everything is stocked except XMP
Sysnative File Collection:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/102BLdJrc2Y0Oekb04JXY1JHuE14tJ5Xx/view?usp=sharing

Perfmon /Report stuck at 60seconds, but the file is there in the Perflogs registry: (This below is Chrome HTML Document)
file:///C:/perflogs/System/Diagnostics/DESKTOP-0K12G6V_20230309-000002/report.html

Please help, thank you in advances for all the kind efforts!
*edit: its 1 am here, i will reply asap when i wake up

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends International, LLC. H.00, 21/09/2022
I'd try and update the BIOS since what you have is first release, as shown on the support site for the motherboard;
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MAG-Z790-TOMAHAWK-WIFI/support

Clear the CMOS after you've verified that your BIOS has successfully updated. Disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery, press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds to drain any residual power, then replace the battery after 30 mins.

How are you cooling that processor?

i have a few power outagges (my house power not sufficient with my new 1000w PSU)
That's not healthy, might want to bring over a certified electrician and see if you can resolve that. The house's wiring, I mean.

P1lgimag3

Commendable
Dec 21, 2020
Clear the CMOS after you've verified that your BIOS has successfully updated. Disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery, press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds to drain any residual power, then replace the battery after 30 mins.

How are you cooling that processor?

i have a few power outagges (my house power not sufficient with my new 1000w PSU)
That's not healthy, might want to bring over a certified electrician and see if you can resolve that. The house's wiring, I mean.
[/QUOTE]

I've read that updating BIOS to fix things should be the last resort as it tends to cause problems, is this true?
Im using ak-620. i've monitored in games, CPU temp range between 55-72 while in games.

P1lgimag3

Commendable
Dec 21, 2020
This has got fixed with BIOS update > installing all newest mobo drivers > and at last rolling back AMD driver to 22.11.2 (this roll back is what fixed the issue eventually)