Question BSOD on brand new ASUS Rog Desktop PC ?

chad morton

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2014
Hey! I've recently purchased this ASUS ROG Strix GA35 G35DX about ten days ago. On the first day, after installing Steam, Discord, and Dota, within the first few hours I got a BSOD. (Worrisome obviously as I spent a lot of money on this.) I updated all my drivers and my computer was running fine. No issues or anything while playing all sorts of games. Then this past Sunday 05/29, I got yet another BSOD. This time I downloaded "WhoCrashed" and attempted to fix the issue myself to no avail.

After analyzing the memory dump I got the error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Which apparently is a hardware issue. The only problem is, I'm confused as to what it could be. I haven't been able to replicate the BSOD, although both crashes happened while I played Dota 2, despite me playing much more demanding games. This is a brand new computer so I'm not sure what the issue could be. I don't think it's heat related as all my temperatures seem to be low. While doing research for hours trying to fix the issue I stumbled across a youtube video that said optimizing defaults in my BIOS could fix the issue. I haven't tried it yet, only because tampering with anything in the BIOS terrifies me, so I figured I'd get expert opinions first.

Any suggestions on how to fix the issue?

SPECS
  • AMD Ryzen 7-5800X 3.8GHz Processor
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6
  • 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM
  • 1TB SSD+1TB HDD
  • Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
  • 2x2 Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax)+Bluetooth 5.0

Hey! I've recently purchased this ASUS ROG Strix GA35 G35DX about ten days ago. On the first day, after installing Steam, Discord, and Dota, within the first few hours I got a BSOD. (Worrisome obviously as I spent a lot of money on this.) I updated all my drivers and my computer was running fine. No issues or anything while playing all sorts of games. Then this past Sunday 05/29, I got yet another BSOD. This time I downloaded "WhoCrashed" and attempted to fix the issue myself to no avail.

After analyzing the memory dump I got the error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Which apparently is a hardware issue. The only problem is, I'm confused as to what it could be. I haven't been able to replicate the BSOD, although both crashes happened while I played Dota 2, despite me playing much more demanding games. This is a brand new computer so I'm not sure what the issue could be. I don't think it's heat related as all my temperatures seem to be low. While doing research for hours trying to fix the issue I stumbled across a youtube video that said optimizing defaults in my BIOS could fix the issue. I haven't tried it yet, only because tampering with anything in the BIOS terrifies me, so I figured I'd get expert opinions first.

Any suggestions on how to fix the issue?

SPECS
  • AMD Ryzen 7-5800X 3.8GHz Processor
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6
  • 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM
  • 1TB SSD+1TB HDD
  • Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
  • 2x2 Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax)+Bluetooth 5.0
could you give a cpuz screenshot at mainboard tab? also what rog pc did you use (the series)?