[SOLVED] BsoD on every start up

Sep 5, 2019
EDIT: For anyone viewing this in future, it was a problem with the power cable. The cable was not fully plugged into the PSU. After I unplugged and replugged it the problem went away.

Recently I've been having BsoDs on my PC everytime I try to boot it up. Sometimes it displays the BsoD and reboots normally but sometimes it displays some artifacting. Weird thing is it is the same artifacting every time. The POST screen is always shown so it probably isn't hardware related.

BsoD displays that the nvlddmkm.exe was not handled and crashed. I used the application WhoCrashed to determine the root cause of the BsoD and it was always the same driver. I used DDU multiple times and redownloaded and reinstalled the drivers but to no avail.

I also checked the Windows event viewer and it says nvlddmkm was crashed and rebooted successfully (even though it needed a reboot).
Stress-Tested my GPU and there were no problems whatsoever after it boots up. I would appreciate help!

Mobo: B450 Tomahawk
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: 2x8GB V-Color 3200Mhz
PSU: 730Watt Thermaltake

Last edited:
Reactions: PatrickNr1
Sep 10, 2019
Hallo everyone,

i have the same problem, also a B450 Tomahawk, but the MAX version and a 3700x.

Sometimes it boots but has a blackscreen. It appears to have problems loading the display driver.
Sometimes it has some weird green artefacting on the bottom and the top of the screen, where, i guess, should come the boot logo of arsenal gaming.
And sometimes it just boots up normally and the driver, nvlddmkm, crashes as soon as you, for example, load up the browser.

My uneducated guess is that this is a MSI bios + Nvidia driver thingy. Mostly a msi bios issue tho.

You can install any driver you want, i rolled back to the 300's for example, same issue and it will come back eventually.

Just flashed the newest BIOS for my board, from the 9th of September. Same issue.
That new bios has broken my RAM overclock too. Just doesnt boot until i loosen up the timings and mhz.

PC gaming is in a bad state. Vendors seem to fart out their software like they dont care. Win10 still has the Standby Memory Bug, the latest Nvidia driver is the worst i have ever seen and MSI farts out a bios for their AM4 lineup that has worst RAM compatibility than the last one and also seems to have huge problems with the PCIe Bus. Sad stuff really.

I keep playing with the thought of going full console gaming and selling all my PC stuff.

So long.....

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019
Hallo everyone,

i have the same problem, also a B450 Tomahawk, but the MAX version and a 3700x.

Sometimes it boots but has a blackscreen. It appears to have problems loading the display driver.
Sometimes it has some weird green artefacting on the bottom and the top of the screen, where, i guess, should come the boot logo of arsenal gaming.
And sometimes it just boots up normally and the driver, nvlddmkm, crashes as soon as you, for example, load up the browser.

My uneducated guess is that this is a MSI bios + Nvidia driver thingy. Mostly a msi bios issue tho.

You can install any driver you want, i rolled back to the 300's for example, same issue and it will come back eventually.

Just flashed the newest BIOS for my board, from the 9th of September. Same issue.
That new bios has broken my RAM overclock too. Just doesnt boot until i loosen up the timings and mhz.

PC gaming is in a bad state. Vendors seem to fart out their software like they dont care. Win10 still has the Standby Memory Bug, the latest Nvidia driver is the worst i have ever seen and MSI farts out a bios for their AM4 lineup that has worst RAM compatibility than the last one and also seems to have huge problems with the PCIe Bus. Sad stuff really.

I keep playing with the thought of going full console gaming and selling all my PC stuff.

So long.....

I did also forgot to add that this could very well also be a faulty board problem and that MSI has a quality controll problem in their factorys.