Question BSOD ON GTX 780

May 4, 2022
So 2 days ago I bought a gtx 780, everything was fine until yesterday, I got a blue screen of death when I booted into windows, the error was 'VIDEO TDR FALIURE', This error only happens when I boot on my pc or when Ive been on Windows for around 5 min and it doesn't happen all the time but most of the time, I've searched the error up and most things say its either a faulty gpu or outdated drivers, My fps is perfect and installed the newest drivers and it still happens, Although the reccomended psu for a gtx 780 is 600w and my psu is 450 so I'm thinking that could be the Problem. (btw I have a 2 year warranty on the card)
Here is my Specs

Motherboard : MSI Am320
Cpu : Ryzen 3 1200
Gpu : PNY Gtx 780 enthusiast edition
Ram : 2x 4gb Ddr4 2666mhz
Psu: Crosair 450cv

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You will first need a reliably built PSU, second, you're going to need at least a 650W unit to power that build if you intend to keep that GTX780 in that build. You sure the GPU isn't compromised?

Apart from the unit's wattage/model, how old is the unit?

May 4, 2022
Ok thanks for replying! I was getting a bit worried 😂

Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You will first need a reliably built PSU, second, you're going to need at least a 650W unit to power that build if you intend to keep that GTX780 in that build. You sure the GPU isn't compromised?

Apart from the unit's wattage/model, how old is the unit?

Oh and my rig is no more than 6 months old