Question BSOD on HP Envy x360

May 28, 2023
Hi,

I've been struggling for a while now about this constant BSODs, not pinpointing on anything. I've got some new RAM sticks and even a new SSD but I can't pinpoint the issue. I also did an update of all possible drivers but still nothing.

Here are my specs:
System Model: HP Envy x360 Convertible 15-ee1xx
Bios: F.10
Proc: AMD Ryzen 7 5700 U w/ Radeon Graphics @ 1.8 Ghz
Memory: 16GB

Here's a link of the minidump: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7pfplst416zhng/052823-14625-01.dmp?dl=0

ubuysa

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2016
It's never wise to try and make a diagnosis based on just one minidump, if you are having constant BSODs where are the other minidumps? Please upload all relevant minidumps.

The one dump you uploaded suggests that this BSOD may have had a hardware cause, and quite possibly RAM related. The call stack shows a lot of memory calls before we get the bugcheck, and there is no obvious reason for the bugcheck either.

Can you please download and run Speccy. Once it's analysed your system, click File and then Publish snapshot. This will give you a URL, please post that URL on here. That way we can see exactly what system configuration you're running - it will save asking a lot of questions.

Please also export your event logs and upload them here...
  • Enter the command eventvwr into the Run command box. The Event Viewer will open.
  • Locate the Windows Logs folder in the left hand pane and expand it by clicking on the arrow (>) to the left of it.
  • Right-click on the Application entry and select 'Save all events as...'. Choose a folder anywhere that suits you and a filename of 'Application' (an .evtx suffix will be added automatically).
  • Right-click on the System entry and select 'Save all events as...'. Choose a folder anywhere that suits you and a filename of 'System' (an .evtx suffix will be added automatically).
  • Zip the Application.evtx and System.evtx files together and upload the zip file here.
There may be further clues in there.

ubuysa

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2016
First question (from the Speccy output) - why is Windows reporting only 15GB of RAM and not 16GB? Are you running a RAMDisk or something else that's using 1GB of RAM?

There is only one bugcheck in the System log, so only one BSOD and dump. I do see that it's crashed many times, and that would also make me think RAM. Before we get into RAM testing let's see whether that missing 1GB is expected or not.

ubuysa

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2016
If you're not deliberately allocating 1GB of RAM to something outside Windows then I would strongly suspect that RAM stick - Windows should be reporting 16GB not 15GB.

Open Task Manager, click on the Performance tab, then click on the Memory icon on the left. Post a screenshot of that display.