[SOLVED] BSoD on new Windows Update ?

Apr 17, 2022
As the title states, I have had BSoD before but those were because of an unstable XMP profile (2600x running 3200mhz RAM) which I left stock 2133mhz until I later upgraded to the 5600x. I have had others say this could be bad RAM or motherboard but this cannot be the case. At least motherboard wise, it cannot be the issue.

CPU: 5600x Stock
GPU: ZOTAC 1650 Super Stock
PSU: Corsair CX650
MOBO: GIGABYTE B450M DS3H V2
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200mhz

Now I got a random blue-screen with the error code: ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY

Grabbed the one from today (4/17/22) and nothing else since the last one was on March 4th, but I don't remember anything happening on the 4th.

Link to the Dump compressed folder: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag7dOT5tttAlj31Q7G_opDQTQVbY

Solution
ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY
possibly a driver giving CPU wrong instructions. read only memory is the part of ram drivers run in, so its not for data.
Its also possible its corrupted driver

Gardenman asked you to create this post so I assume he is waiting for it.

so you have XMP on now?
could try to remove it and see if errors remain.

Could try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Colif

Win 11 Master
ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY
possibly a driver giving CPU wrong instructions. read only memory is the part of ram drivers run in, so its not for data.

so you have XMP on now?

Could try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Solution
Apr 17, 2022

so you have XMP on now?

Funnily enough, it hasn't happened again. All I did differently was remove Ryzen Master from my PC as it was showing error in the Event Viewer

But I will still wait for Gardenman to give his verdict before I say it's fixed

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/1b6wv8x2/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:041722-6734-01.dmp (Apr 17 2022 - 20:57:14)
Bugcheck:ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY (BE)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process running at time of crash: services.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 9 Hour(s), 10 Min(s), and 04 Sec(s)

Comment: The overclocking driver "RTCore64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450M-DS3H-V2-rev-1x
I think you have a BIOS version that has been pulled. They've done additional work to the BIOS since you last updated, if you are using Revision 1.0 of the motherboard. You are using version F62d and the latest is version F63a. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.