BSOD on startup please assist

damage_inc

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2006
I started to get BSODs last night, did a system restore that seemed to solve things. But this morning the same bsod came back. Restored as far back as I could....didn't help this time.

main info of the BSOD was:

a driver has overrun a stack-based buffer. this Overrun could potentialy allow a malicious user to gain control of this machine.

I downloaded some minidump viewers and one flagged up ntkrnlpa.exe and Rapport.

The other flagged up Rapport.

Rapport is a security system my bank recommended I install quite a while ago (at least a year).

I've tried to unsinstall it, but cannot as I can only access my PC in safe mode so Windows installer is stopped. I downloaded the lastest version of Rapport but I cannot instal for the same reasons as above.

the ntkrnlpa.exe seemed to suggest a NIC driver, but according to device manager it's up to date.

My PC came pre installed with Vista 32 bit back in 2007 (not a major named builder). So I have no disk. I'm fearing that I'm screwed.

damage_inc

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2006
May have sorted it, unplugged all but kb/mouse/monitor and Pc booted fine. Used that opportunity to delete Rapport. rebooted with everything plugged in and all ok so far. Fingers crossed!