[SOLVED] BSOD on Windows 10 Pro x64

Solution
I have run the dump file and you can see the full report here: https://pste.eu/p/tGdp.html

Summary of findings:
BugCheck 3B
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!HvpGetCellPaged+a2 )

Bugcheck Description:
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
"This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

The stop code indicates that executing code had an exception and the thread that was it, is a system thread.

The exception information returned in parameter one is listed in NTSTATUS Values and is also available in the ntstatus.h file located in the inc directory of the Windows Driver Kit."

About your bugcheck:
"This is typically driver based and...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I have run the dump file and you can see the full report here: https://pste.eu/p/tGdp.html

Summary of findings:
BugCheck 3B
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!HvpGetCellPaged+a2 )

Bugcheck Description:
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
"This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

The stop code indicates that executing code had an exception and the thread that was it, is a system thread.

The exception information returned in parameter one is listed in NTSTATUS Values and is also available in the ntstatus.h file located in the inc directory of the Windows Driver Kit."

About your bugcheck:
"This is typically driver based and therefore you should reference the third party modules loaded to check which ones may be misbehaving. If any are out of date, try updating or disabling them.

Look at the STACK TEXT for clues on what was running when the failure occurred. If multiple dump files are available, compare information to look for common code that is in the stack"

Some things to consider:

inpoutx64.sys17/10/2008HighrezHighRez InOut Direct Access HW Ports Driver
  • Did you install this directly? 2008 will probably be causing an issue, would find an update for this or disable it using Autoruns if it doesn't affect your hardware directly (autoruns is linked in report). If not there may be a link for it as part of your chipset here: https://us.dfi.com/product/index/156#download
  • How have you updated your drivers? There appears to be some that are later than the driver release date itself?
  • Have you ensured your GPU drivers are up to date? I am unsure as to which Drivers are most relevant for your quadro but i would imagine there are newer drivers:
nvhda64v.sys15/12/2017NVIDIANVIDIA Audio HDMI Driver (nForce Chip)
nvlddmkm.sys13/01/2018NVIDIANVIDIA Video Drivers

Solution

Lominator

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2012
Okay so. I'm new on the team, and they've NEVER had an IT guy before. Everything I know is self taught, and I understand a lot... but there's also a vast amount of knowledge I don't have.

I've checked all drivers for hardware that we are currently using, except our custom Micro-Control board that bridges the Endoscope Connector and the rest of the Image Box.

Now. Custom software. Custom Hardware. Custom drivers.

Is it at all possible that our previous engineering team developed bad drivers for the Micro-Control board? Or could there potentially be issues with the software we are using for Endoscope Imaging?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I won't comment on Endoscope imaging software, that wouldn't be a field i am knowledgeable on at all.

It could be those custom drivers don't behave well with Windows 10, as quite a lot of well established drivers currently don't get along too well with Windows 10 either.

But drivers dating back to 2008 can always be an issue with a latest OS.
You'd also want to make sure your BIOS is up to date, or at least aligns with Intel Management Engine as this can also cause conflicts.

I would also note that for whatever reason your kernel dump believes your CPU is operating at a max frequency of 8300MHz which obviously isn't right, but you may just want to make sure any BIOS adjustments are reset.

Reactions: Lominator

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Sweet. Thanks man. Now I have a direction to go with our software engineer to solve/prevent problems with future imaging boxes.

You're a hero, bro <3
There's no guarantees - I've just gone off what I have seen in the dump file. Nothing more.
But all I will say if they are custom drivers, it could well be a conflict with later OS.

It appears there was an IO error
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000006 - The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0x%x.

Just making comments on the dump file, as for custom software, all manner of things can go haywire :) !