BSOD on windows7

Miyagi305

Reputable
Apr 5, 2015
So I'm still getting the BSOD and putting in a brand new MOBO. Before putting in the new MOBO. I tried everything. New ram, taking GC out and booting from old mother board. Different hard drives. Now on the new MOBO, I was not getting the blue screen until I added all the drivers and programs. You would say that it would be a driver but I'm installing all the right drivers. Installed the drivers from the disk that came with the new MOBO. And I have the right driver for my graphics card

I'm using windows 7 64 bit. I could really use some help I've been trying to work this for the last 4 months ): the Bsod error in getting is the 0x000000f4

Solution
bugcheck 0xf4 is CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION

there are many components in windows that are attacked by malware/virus/rootkits
so microsoft put checks to make sure that they are not being modified while in memory.

one of these programs has detected that its data has been modified external to its program so it shut the system down by calling this bugcheck.

Now you have to figure out why.

here are common reasons:
- overclocking/overheating can cause memory locations to be incorrectly written.
- bad drivers can overwrite beyond the area of memory they actually have allocated.
- BIOS memory settings might be bad resulting a errors in reading memory or writing memory.
- malware/virus/rootkits modify data in their hacking endeavors...
bugcheck 0xf4 is CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION

there are many components in windows that are attacked by malware/virus/rootkits
so microsoft put checks to make sure that they are not being modified while in memory.

one of these programs has detected that its data has been modified external to its program so it shut the system down by calling this bugcheck.

Now you have to figure out why.

here are common reasons:
- overclocking/overheating can cause memory locations to be incorrectly written.
- bad drivers can overwrite beyond the area of memory they actually have allocated.
- BIOS memory settings might be bad resulting a errors in reading memory or writing memory.
- malware/virus/rootkits modify data in their hacking endeavors

normally you would do the following:
start cmd.exe as an admin then run
sfc.exe /scannow
and confirm any corrupted files are fixed. (reboot and try it again, malware often undoes a fix a few minutes later)

stop any overclocking in BIOS
stop any overclocking in software for the CPU or GPU
run a malwarebytes scan. (malware is not the same as a virus or rootkit, virus scanner will not remove some malware (you gave the malware permission to run))

update your BIOS and run a hardware test memtest86 to confirm your memory primary and secondary timings are ok. I mention the BIOS update because if you run memtest86 and find failures you have to update the BIOS or reset it to defaults and rerun the test anyway to confirm bad RAM)

finding a driver that corrupts memory is a little harder to do: so just update as many drivers as you can before you start. Then see if you still have the same problem.

it is common for older drivers for USB devices (ones before 2013) to have corruption problems, often caused by BIOS bugs from older BIOS versions.

and there are just a lot of drivers that have bugs these bugs often cause other drivers to have problems that lead to data corruption. (old ethernet drivers causing antivirus drivers to fail for example)

Solution

popatim

Titan
First try updating the drivers to the ones that are on your motherbd manufacturers website. The ones that come on the disk are usually fairly old.
Next update the drivers for any add in cards you have, like your graphics card (GPU). You get these from their manufacturers website.
Next Is when I fully update windows itself. Its also the part I hate doing the most. :-(
update>reboot> check for more updates>reboot> repeat over and over and over... Dont let windows tell you there isn't anything to install, always click the "Check for Updates" on the left column and install those until it finally comes back and says there isnt any. This part takes all day LoL