Question BSOD only when PC is Idle

alnic

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2012
Mini dump files here https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApNOJtFk-tPqw0FMbfU6Oa8pD5Ad?e=E65G08

I have been getting very frequent BSOD for about a month now and they only ever happen when the PC is idle for roughly 15 minutes, or if I put it to sleep, when it wakes about 75% of the time it will BSOD within about 5 minutes. I have had my current PC for years with various parts swapped out in that time, the last part that was swapped was the PSU about 18 months ago.

The problem I have is I don't always get to see the specific type of BSOD error because I am not at the PC, which is why it is Idle. I have seen a few and they aren't always the same error.
The ones I have seen are

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY (nvlddmkm.sys)

The last one seems to have been fixed by updated my gfx card drivers. I have also reinstalled Windows, run memtest (no errors found), reseated the memory and GFX card. I did find a similar thread that suggested the Ryzen 5 3600 was to blame but i can't find that again.

Asus Rog Strix B450-F
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

Mini dump files here https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApNOJtFk-tPqw0FMbfU6Oa8pD5Ad?e=E65G08

I have been getting very frequent BSOD for about a month now and they only ever happen when the PC is idle for roughly 15 minutes, or if I put it to sleep, when it wakes about 75% of the time it will BSOD within about 5 minutes. I have had my current PC for years with various parts swapped out in that time, the last part that was swapped was the PSU about 18 months ago.

The problem I have is I don't always get to see the specific type of BSOD error because I am not at the PC, which is why it is Idle. I have seen a few and they aren't always the same error.
The ones I have seen are

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY (nvlddmkm.sys)

The last one seems to have been fixed by updated my gfx card drivers. I have also reinstalled Windows, run memtest (no errors found), reseated the memory and GFX card. I did find a similar thread that suggested the Ryzen 5 3600 was to blame but i can't find that again.

Asus Rog Strix B450-F
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Got the proper bios and drivers for that mobo?

first bugcheck, buffer overrun , timer object deleted twice
can not tell who did it.
--------------
second one looks like the creation of a bad timer object.
looks like " Nvidia share.exe"
------------
third one: ss2svc32.exe

I expect this is the main cause of all the issues. it is asus soni c studio. I would remove it and see if you still bugcheck.

I would remove the nvidia share software, most people do not use it.