BSOD or better blacksod

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Solferin

Reputable
Jul 5, 2015
Hey guys, me again but just on different section of the forums. Ok I got blacksod on win 7 a few days ago while playing WoW, WoW stopped, distorted sound comming from the headphones then rig restarted. Thought it was the mbo or something overheated, but i checked the temps and all and everything was ok. So i decided to install win 8 since well i tried that. Installing went great, put all of the drivers, went awesome, nothing happened. I then went to install battle.net that too went ok but as soon as the battlenet started checking wow file that`s on another partition i got blackscreened again, rig restarted, i went on installing wow from scratch, uninstalled battlenet, reinstalled battlenet, started installing wow, downloaded 10 gbs and again blacksreen.

I checked both times with bluescreenviewer and it only says ntoskrnl.exe+5b5d2d. The win 7 blackscreen also said it was ntoskrnl.exe but with another +, think it was 7something, cant remember now. On win 8 there wasnt any sound, rig just restarted. its 0x124 error. I read somewhere here it could be OC related. I did OC my cpu over ASRock utility that offers me the OC mode from 4ghz to 4.3ghz when the logo appears, the logo before win starts to load where you can still enter the BIOS. But i changed it back with load default bios settings. Could it be related to that? i also flashed bios a while back to version 1.30, it had 1.20 before, could it be the bios version? Should i return to 1.20? And finally could it just be my mbo is overheating somehow no matter the fact that room temp is around 25 with air conditioning blowing all the time and is set to 19 C, and my case is fully open?

Any and all suggestion is welcomed and appreciated.

p.s. i removed the battery from the mbo to reset the BIOS manually this time and will leave the rig to work all night to see if this happens again. Tho right now im a bit puzzled why is this happening. Win 7 worked for 4 days before that bsod that made me put win 8.

p.p.s and sorry if i posted this on the wrong part of the forum.

Cheers

ESPclipse

Reputable
May 27, 2014
You can set a run time if you want, else it will run indefinitely (like Prime95). The clock speed you see is normal (there is always some degree of variance when dealing with physical hardware). I think that if you can run the test for about six hours without failure, then you should be fine.