[SOLVED] BSOD out of the blue

Mar 5, 2021
I used to have non stop BSOD’s, but then I sent my PC in to HP for repair (its a prebuild, HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-0023w) and they replaced the motherboard and sent it back in perfect working order. That was in mid January. Yesterday, while using RPG maker software, I got a random BSOD with a stop code I had never seen before. Here is the dump text.
==================================================

Dump File : 030421-11359-01.dmp

Crash Time : 3/4/2021 11:11:24 PM

Bug Check String :

Bug Check Code : 0x00000192

Parameter 1 : ffffcd8d\d1e10080 Parameter 2 : ffff9684\46f5ad80

Parameter 3 : 00000000\00000000 Parameter 4 : 00000000\00000000

Caused By Driver : WppRecorder.sys

Caused By Address : WppRecorder.sys+129b

File Description :

Product Name :

Company :

File Version :

Processor : x64

Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+3f5a80

Stack Address 1 :

Stack Address 2 :

Stack Address 3 :

Computer Name :

Full Path : C:\\Windows\\Minidump\\030421-11359-01.dmp

Processors Count : 6

Major Version : 15

Minor Version : 19041

Dump File Size : 1,567,348

Dump File Time : 3/4/2021 11:12:20 PM

==================================================
So I turn it back on and put on a podcast online and wait a while. 45 minutes goes by, all is fine. So then I put on a youtube video and I don’t even know how long that ran until the screen made a really weird noise, like a loud buzzing, then a loud kind of crackle, then the PC just turned off and restarted. Went into Blue Screen View afterwards and found this dump:

030521-7703-01.dmp 3/5/2021 12:46:36 AM NO_MORE_IRP_STACK_LOCATIONS 0x00000035 ffff8f8fd7d460f0 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+3f5a80 x64 ntoskrnl.exe+3f5a80 C:\Windows\Minidump\030521-7703-01.dmp 6 15 19041 1,559,732 3/5/2021 12:47:30 AM

I checked Windows update center. No new updates. Checked Windows defender and did a virus scan. No viruses. Checked HP support center for driver or BIOS updates, none. Ran extensive system hardware testing through the UEFI Diagnostics tool. Everything came back clean, CPU, GPU, Memory, SSD, everything. I don’t know what’s going on. Please get back to me as soon as possible, this is driving me insane.

Solution
Not a BSOD I have seen before myself. I sometimes want to see new ones as they all the same, then I do get a new one and question whether I really did want it.

A higher-level driver has attempted to call a lower-level driver through the IoCallDriver interface, but there are no more stack locations in the packet. This will prevent the lower-level driver from accessing its parameters.

This is a disastrous situation, since the higher level driver is proceeding as if it has filled in the parameters for the lower level driver (as required). But since there is no stack location for the latter driver, the former has actually written off the end of the packet. This means that some other memory has been corrupted as well...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Open Windows File Explorer

Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump

Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop

Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows

Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder

Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)

Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Colif

Win 11 Master
Not a BSOD I have seen before myself. I sometimes want to see new ones as they all the same, then I do get a new one and question whether I really did want it.

A higher-level driver has attempted to call a lower-level driver through the IoCallDriver interface, but there are no more stack locations in the packet. This will prevent the lower-level driver from accessing its parameters.

This is a disastrous situation, since the higher level driver is proceeding as if it has filled in the parameters for the lower level driver (as required). But since there is no stack location for the latter driver, the former has actually written off the end of the packet. This means that some other memory has been corrupted as well.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...r/bug-check-0x35--no-more-irp-stack-locations

might want to run this as well
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

Solution
Mar 5, 2021
Open Windows File Explorer

Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump

Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop

Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows

Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder

Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)

Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlecCoxB4k7dsHNIhNjjEsy0dzR5?e=eWkrFX
That should contain the files you need. Thanks.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/0bpdc6y1/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:030521-7703-01.dmp (Mar 5 2021 - 00:46:36)
Bugcheck:NO_MORE_IRP_STACK_LOCATIONS (35)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: msedge.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 34 Min(s), and 37 Sec(s)

File information:030421-11359-01.dmp (Mar 4 2021 - 23:11:24)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL (192)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process: SteelSeriesEngine3.exe)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 13 Hour(s), 25 Min(s), and 46 Sec(s)
System: HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01 HP Pavilion Gaming
You are using BIOS version F.3.

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i seem to always do this... I think its lan drivers. Edge & Steelseries engine both use internet.
There are newer Realtek drivers here, 3rd link down under windows header - https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...0-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software

I am sure I normally only see one realtek lan driver
Aug 28 2018rtf64x64.sysRealtek Packet Filter driver
Jul 23 2020rt640x64.sysRealtek NICDRV 8169 PCIe GBE Family Controller driver https://www.realtek.com/en/
3rd one is wifi
Oct 05 2020rtwlane.sysRealtek PCI-E Wireless LAN NIC NDIS driver

driver naming makes me think top 2 are related,
Packet filer is the one I don't see normally, I can find a few people having problems with it after using HP Support Assistant.
Its possible updating LAN might remove it. It might not be cause.

Mar 5, 2021
I seem to have fixed my problem, at least for now. I did a system restore to about a week ago, then I rna SFC scan now (which found and repaired a few corrupted files) then did the windows cleanup restore thing and it didn’t require a restart. Then I installed McAfee (I know, its terrible for some people but I already had a paid membership until the end of the year so I may as well use it while I have it) and it found and removed 2 viruses. I also disabled my WiFi adapter and my Bluetooth adapter, since both never really seemed to work at all since I got it back from HP. Since all of that it seems to be in working order. Maybe some of my drivers got nailed by a virus, or maybe my WiFi adapter was sending through some stuff that caused a crash, since when I’m not plugged in to ethernet, it won’t detect any WiFi networks at all, which doesn’t make sense considering I have a really fast WiFi.

Reactions: gardenman

Colif

Win 11 Master
clearly a weird conflict between realtek drivers if your WIFI wouldn't work if your ethernet cable isn't attached. It shouldn't (obviously) have any effect on either.

Wonder what would happen if you took WIFI antenna off, do you lose ethernet? I have a feature on my phone where if I lose one signal it swaps but not seen that on PC.