BSOD: Page Fault In Freed Special Pool

JayY1Thousand

Honorable
Jan 17, 2016
I've been having Bad Pool Header errors for 3 months now, since I've first finished building my new PC. It's never bothered me too much, just every now and then. Finally, two days ago, when I bought a new 1070 to replace my 960, I decided to solve the problem. I used memcheck86, let it run overnight and it passed 6 times and failed 0 times. Since I could still get into my desktop occasionally I used a program to detect what was causing the issue. It said it was probably a driver issue, so I downloaded Driver Booster and updated all my drivers, including the Nvidia drivers. The problem wasn't fixed however until I used a program to clear out the registries. Since then no BSODs have popped up. The 1070 arrived today, and after installing it, surprise surprise, I received the BSOD. Again. This time, however, it read PAGE_FAULT_IN_FREED_SPECIAL_POOL. I removed my new 1070, using Intel HD graphics I still got the error. I then put my GTX 960 back in and I still got the same damn error. I noticed that the resolution fit my monitor with my 960 and HD graphics, but it didn't with my new 1070, if that tells you anything. Unfortunately I can't get past the error at all unlike the Bad Pool Header error I was experiencing before.
So what exactly is the problem? Is it relating to the new hardware change or does it relate to my previous BAD_POOL_HEADER error?
EDIT: So I booted my PC into safe mode, ran WhoCrashed (the software I mentioned earlier, I just forgot what it was called) and the errors are the exact same ones I had earlier with BAD POOL HEADER. The main source of the problem seems to be "amifldrv64.sys", which seems to relate to MSI motherboards. I am using an MSI Z170A SLI Plus.

Here's the full report:

On Tue 2016-11-01 7:53:53 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\110116-2843-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A3B0)
Bugcheck code: 0xCC (0xFFFFFE8F411A2FCA, 0x0, 0xFFFFF803DDD69697, 0x0)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_FREED_SPECIAL_POOL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft?Windows?Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that the system has referenced memory which was earlier freed.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 2016-11-01 7:53:53 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: amifldrv64.sys (amifldrv64+0x19F2)
Bugcheck code: 0xCC (0xFFFFFE8F411A2FCA, 0x0, 0xFFFFF803DDD69697, 0x0)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_FREED_SPECIAL_POOL
Bug check description: This indicates that the system has referenced memory which was earlier freed.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: amifldrv64.sys .
Google query: amifldrv64.sys PAGE_FAULT_IN_FREED_SPECIAL_POOL