[SOLVED] BSOD page fault in non paged area!

Ryan0710

Reputable
Jul 18, 2017
Hey all, i recently been getting blue screens that were first memory corruption, but after some scans and stuff its now saying "page fault in non paged area". I can play some games like minecraft withn no bsod or crashes, but when i try to play rainbow six siege, a game off ubisoft launcher, i get bsod'd while launching it. I removed one stick and the problem went away for a day, but its returned. I ran memtest86 on each stick of ram individually using only one dimm slot. i recieved no errors on any sticks. I also took out my ram and only used 2 sticks which were identical frequency and brand (2x4) adn used them in dual channel xmp. Still, i blue screened upon launching r6 siege. I have no idea what to try next. all the command prompt scannow things and ram test things on windows didnt help at all either. i also diabled a page area setting in windows settings, which didnt reolve the issue either. Im not sure what else to try and not sure why some games I play just fine, and others give me the bsod. Any tips help! Thanks

Solution
OKAY, so i disabled special pool and a few microsoft things in my driver verifier (custom settings) and now pc is fast and games are running great! Not sure why special pool was enabled, but disabling was the fix to my slow pc and crashes
Hey all, i recently been getting blue screens that were first memory corruption, but after some scans and stuff its now saying "page fault in non paged area". I can play some games like minecraft withn no bsod or crashes, but when i try to play rainbow six siege, a game off ubisoft launcher, i get bsod'd while launching it. I removed one stick and the problem went away for a day, but its returned. I ran memtest86 on each stick of ram individually using only one dimm slot. i recieved no errors on any sticks. I also took out my ram and only used 2 sticks which were identical frequency and brand (2x4) adn used them in dual channel xmp. Still, i blue screened upon launching r6 siege. I have no idea what to try next. all the command prompt scannow things and ram test things on windows didnt help at all either. i also diabled a page area setting in windows settings, which didnt reolve the issue either. Im not sure what else to try and not sure why some games I play just fine, and others give me the bsod. Any tips help! Thanks
Put all the ram sticks back in the machine.
Run this and post a link..................... PC Benchmark

here : https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/40252528
btw, all ram is same brand and model, but 2 of them are different frequencies. i tried running just the 2 identical frequencies, but still bsod'd eventually
You have a mismash of ram.
Use the 2 identical sticks fitted in the proper slots for dual channel......check the manual.
Boot up memtest and let it fly for a few hours......no errors allowed.

Ryan0710

Reputable
Jul 18, 2017
You have a mismash of ram.
Use the 2 identical sticks fitted in the proper slots for dual channel......check the manual.
Boot up memtest and let it fly for a few hours......no errors allowed.
okay. what do you mean for a few hours? should i keep testing over and over again? it does 4 passes everytime, so should i do more than that?

Ryan0710

Reputable
Jul 18, 2017
I tried running the 2 identical sticks (xmp enabled) in slot a2 and b2. Received thousands of errors to the point the test couldn’t run anymore. Going to try again in slot a1 and b1...

Ryan0710

Reputable
Jul 18, 2017
I tried running the 2 identical sticks (xmp enabled) in slot a2 and b2. Received thousands of errors to the point the test couldn’t run anymore. Going to try again in slot a1 and b1...
Just ran the test in a1 and b1 spots... failed again because of too many errors. Does this mean it’s the motherboard? I tested each stick in a1 with no problems individually. Also, when I tried normal booting with only the 2 identical sticks, I got bsod special pool detected memory corruption as soon as I got into Windows. What shall I do next?

Last edited:

Ryan0710

Reputable
Jul 18, 2017
OKAY, so i disabled special pool and a few microsoft things in my driver verifier (custom settings) and now pc is fast and games are running great! Not sure why special pool was enabled, but disabling was the fix to my slow pc and crashes

Solution